Where to book flights to Laos?

kamui

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kamui,

I understand your fear, so why don't you go to burma instead before everyone does at least limit your travels to 1 visa paid country instead of 2 which is a bit of a waste no? :clown::)

Whatever you decide enjoy ;)

BTW around 5 years ago when I traveled around Laos including LP I was a bit disappointed already while the river trip down the mekong stopping by in countless small villages I'll never regret.

Not sure how you feel about more 'adventure' travels, but now with the 2nd link completed you could fly to Nakhon Rachisima? cheaply and then trek over to Pakse in Laos thus replacing your LP & PP trip into an Isan/Lao trail assuming you already did Nong Khai/Vientiene which otherwise would be first choice? :)

Oh while in Laos please import a few cases of Beer Lao (Dark version) to me please - thanks :beer:

Not sure how you feel about more 'adventure' travels, but now with the 2nd link completed you could fly to Nakhon Rachisima? cheaply and then trek over to Pakse in Laos thus replacing your LP & PP trip into an Isan/Lao trail assuming you already did Nong Khai/Vientiene which otherwise would be first choice? :)

Actually I have never been to Laos. I just want to spend 3-4 quiet days there, reading books, looking at the Mekong and work 1-2 hours a day on my notebook. I got the impression that LP is the right place for this. The rest my two weeks I'll intend to spend in PP and/or at the beach in Sianoukville.

What would you recommend?

Ah I think I understand mow ;)

So while Cambodia indeed is changing fast particularly in places like SR Laos is still laid back & probably will still be in 10 or 100 years from now :up:

LP probably is the best choice for just kicking back & watching the sun set over the mekong with a beer lao draft well it could be done in any city along the river even on Thai side it's pretty laid back still in 2009 problem remaining though the lack of beer laos ;)

So if you must include 3 countries in 2 weeks well you can do it, but perhaps best to enjoy & relax more with just Thai/Lao & next time Thai/Cambo then Thai/Burma etc or skip LOS altogether & hit VN as Torney mentions!

I'll skip LOS anyway, I will stay two night in BKK at the beginning for some shopping, massage and SC.

I prefer Phnom Penh for P4P, because the city is much less stressing.

But I want to see something new I thought of Laos.

I don't want to go to Burma at the moment, I would think too much about the torture regime and the terrible fate of the people.

Because of the flight costs invovled I am still undecided.

As for the discovery pass, it doesn't seem to cover the route LPQ-PNH (Vietnam Airline).

Archived