Where to book flights to Laos?

kamui

ok how about this lower cost scenario, but still not roughing it too much:

1) fly domestic to thai-lao border city (udon thani->vientienne, ubon ratchima->pakse or savannakhet). Lao visa formalities can either be handled in bkk during your first night via travel agency (express) or more or less conveniently at the land border. This should save you a lot compared to LP, but be similar although slightly more stressing of course.

2) back in bkk drive/bus it to koh kong->sihanoukville. roads should be very decent now of course all the way on thai side. alternatively you may zigzag thru isan from Laos to Koh Kong thus bypassing bkk altogether, but not sure how well connected transport options are for such slightly shorter routing thus saving return flight to bkk? Of course you could fly to Trad which is near Koh Kong thus avoiding several hours bus rides...

Worth a try?

Actually on 2nd thoughts seeing your main attraction for girls was going to be PP I'm afraid Koh Kong is gonna be a poor substitute unless you're more into km11 style fun than martini's...

So assuming you wanna keep PP you maybe able to trip it from e.g. Pakse to PP which on a map looks fairly close, but with the complications of crossing from Laos to Cambo overland it probably ain't easy/comfortable thus surely exciting ;)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll skip LOS anyway, I will stay two night in BKK at the beginning for some shopping, massage and SC.

I prefer Phnom Penh for P4P, because the city is much less stressing.

But I want to see something new I thought of Laos.

I don't want to go to Burma at the moment, I would think too much about the torture regime and the terrible fate of the people.

Because of the flight costs invovled I am still undecided.

As for the discovery pass, it doesn't seem to cover the route LPQ-PNH (Vietnam Airline).

Lao Airlines is cheaper than Bangkok Airway.

Can use this website to book one-way ticket www.laoairlines.com

Lu

I'll skip LOS anyway' date=' I will stay two night in BKK at the beginning for some shopping, massage and SC.

I prefer Phnom Penh for P4P, because the city is much less stressing.

But I want to see something new I thought of Laos.

I don't want to go to Burma at the moment, I would think too much about the torture regime and the terrible fate of the people.

Because of the flight costs invovled I am still undecided.

As for the discovery pass, it doesn't seem to cover the route LPQ-PNH (Vietnam Airline). [/quote']

Lao Airlines is cheaper than Bangkok Airway.

Can use this website to book one-way ticket www.laoairlines.com

Lu

Lao Airlines' online booking system is down since a few days, therefore I can't neither check the availability of flights nor prices...

[uPDATE] The booking system doesn't work in my Firefox, but in Safari...

You also could enjoy Laos by spending a night in Vientiane Orchid hotel, travel by vip bus to Vang Vieng (200kms?) and stay there at the nice vansana right on the river and hit LP the next day?

I have just that on my planning for somewhere next year (did stay at the Orchid and vansana already)

hi

i went to laos in feb,LP is a good chilled place,has many guesthouses with aircon rooms etc and cafes with wifi.

i went to vieng vienn (spelling) and the bus drive was amazing,LP is quite modern compared to outside LP.

it also has outside stall eating like los,theres one outside a 7/11 so you go in a grab a bottle of beer lao and enjoy:)

Archived