Where to book flights to Laos?

kamui

I would like to reserve my flights to LAOS before my arrival in LOS. Since my flight schedule isn't a simple round trip, where could I book the flight?

Flight schedule:

BKK-Luan Prabang

Luan Prabang-Phonm Penh (via BKK, because there is no direct flight)

PP-BKK

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would you just not buy two round trip tix? One BKK-LQP-BKK and the next BKK-PNH-BKK. It sounds as if you are trying to make this harder than it has to be.

I highly doubt you'll save any money booking it your way. Asian pricing just doesn't work that way IME.

Cheers,

SD

Kamui,

There's no direct/non-stop flights from LPQ to PNH anyway, so you'll have to go through BKK or Siem Reap.

I would follow SD's advice and book BKK-LPQ-BKK on the BKK Airways website, and then BKK-PNH on Thai or Air Asia's website. (If you booked Thai they are more expensive, obviously, but they will check your bags all the way thru form LPQ. If you book Air Asia, you'll have to collect your bags in BKK and re-check them AND go thru immigration - a pain in the ass!)

Lao Airlines Flies BKK-LPQ

From Bangkok (BKK) to Luang Prabang (LPQ)

Effective from: 29 March 2009 to 24 October 2009

1 2 3 5 7 QV643 10.40 12.30

From Luang Prabang (LPQ) to Bangkok (BKK)

Effective from: 29 March 2009 to 24 October 2009

1 2 3 5 7 QV633 08.00 09.40

There is also a Luang Prabang to Udon Thani flight day 5 7

yes your routes are 'exotic' with little competition so expensive :)

now lao airlines was mentioned, but again don't expect bargains, but possible disappointment & poor service :)

enjoy your trip(s)...

by the way if it's true that there's direct flights from luang prabang to siam riep you may consider visit there instead of PP in order to perhaps save money & add to your cultural insights with the amazing angkor wat as main attraction?

however if you already been there ignore my comments :)

cheers :beer:

I guys thanks for the tips. I am still contemplating if I should go to LP for three nights because of the flight costs (plus visa, plus airport fees).

BUT I fear the same for LP like it happened for Siem Reap - a laid back town changing into a major tourist center within dozens of new hotels, new bars, restaurants and shops in less than 5 years.

Therefore I guess I should go now...

Archived