Why pay more? Because you are in Thailand!

Mentors

It is all about $$$.

Yes, uncomfortable to have to pay more, but for me, enjoy the day.

I remember when I was in Colorado to ski and the "locals" would get their lift tickets dirt cheap while I had to pay more.

Sorta the same as in LOS.

Just the cost of "doing business".

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes it all depends upon who you know and/or other circumstances.

In the USA, I get into Federal parks for free. Cost to me: Nothing.

Those that are with me can get in free also.

Wife has certain perks in Thailand. It would be nice everybody paid the same amount but that is a little bit what 'pork' is all about in the USA.

Seems like no big deal to me.

At least they are honest about it. Ethically, yes its wrong, but the average tourist probably earns 10x what a Thai earns so whats the problem.

Doesnt duel pricing operate everywhere, what about shagging the b/g? I am sure she isnt charging a Thai what she would charge a Farang

I like Thailand. Its corrupt, but its childishly easy to see through it. In the west, we get screwed by stealth.

But this has nothing to do with locals or not locals.

Anyone who looks Southeast Asian gets the low price (even if they've just stepped off the plane), and anyone who looks like "other" gets the high price (even if they've lived their whole lives in Thailand).

To a simple (Thai) mind, that is how to differentiate locals from non-locals. This is the same Thai mind, by the way, that does hiring at the English schools, and deems that anyone who looks white must be able to speak and teach English, and anyone who looks like "other" must have no clue about speaking English.

Pay up, and let them wallow in this mentality.

Archived