WTH is wrong with my monitor

Flashermac

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
F.

Some pixels or the pixel driver(s) are inoperative.

Maybe can be repaired but for the money you paid for it, you might find it cheaper to scrap it and get another.

Supposed to have a 5 year warranty - but this is LOS. I'll have to pack it up and take it over when I can. Still wonder what did it - so I can make sure it doesn't happen again.

"

If I touch the screen with my finger at that spot, it sends out rainbow waves of colour. I do notice it is almost opposite the spot where the power cord goes into the rear of the monitor. I didn't notice any lightning beore the power went out. "

any chance someone bumped into it while in the dark.

sounds like a ruptured lcd

When the power went out, I waited to see if it would come back on. It didn't, so I finally went to bed. Nobody was near it until I booted it up the following afternoon. The monitor was standing upright and unmoved, so I doubt if the cat whacked it or anything.

:dunno:

Flash, try googling for problems with that model, it sounds like something burnt out...individual pixel death is not uncommon in LCDs but a patch is unusual. Maybe a graphics processing problem, or condensation. If there was an electrical surge or spike that may have caused it also.

It could be that model has a checkered history...it happens.

Definitely a replacement job anyway.

Archived