North Korea pardons US reporters

SpiceMan

Just heard on the radio, Obama and Clinton are now being criticized for this...apparently, we are now a weak nation because "...we negotiated with terrorists..."

Rush Limbaugh was really pissed off today about this. He claims Bill made advances to both women.

It is sad when something good is done, the Conservatives refuse to acknowledge it. I guess Rush thinks it would be better if the women rotten away in a hard labor camp.

There are US laws on the books about civilians meeting with certain pols in certain countries.

Maybe Prez. O. can waive all that, looks like he has.

I am pleased that x-Prez. Bill got to two ladies out of NK, good on him. If the two ladies feel the need to pleasure Bill, up to them!

When two countries can have a chat and settle some things...isn't that the way diplomacy is suppose to work?

It almost never happens that a President goes to a country that has no formal relations with the U.S. and rare that a former President does. Knowing to what detail the secret service goes to protect the President, this trip to North Korea must have been a nightmare for them. They really can't tell the North Korean officials how they are going to go from the airport to the meeting area and do background checks on all persons meeting with Clinton.

It almost never happens that a President goes to a country that has no formal relations with the U.S. and rare that a former President does. Knowing to what detail the secret service goes to protect the President, this trip to North Korea must have been a nightmare for them. They really can't tell the North Korean officials how they are going to go from the airport to the meeting area and do background checks on all persons meeting with Clinton.

I never thought about that. Bill surely stuck his neck out on this one.

It is this type of diplomacy I approve of. Spending close to a trillion dollars to try to capture or kill a person some people have already forgotten about was really a waste of money.

The 8th year anniversary is approaching.

Stuck his neck out? Hardly ... did you see how Kim was gloating? These lonely little dictators so long for legitimacy, and Slick Will gave it to him. Maybe the way to deal with Kim's type is to flatter them, not threaten them. Use their ego to get what you want. It is cheap enough and gets the job done.

What I learned from this incident is, if I'm going to go to a country like North Korea or Iran, I will go representing a company at least in part owned by a former President or Vice-President. No former P. or V.P. went to Iran to bring home the American reporter there in jail. I don't think Bill was in any danger while in North Korea, except from a possible copy-cat shoe thrower.

Archived