A Good Red wine..

Torneyboy

Ah, for my days in publishing when the hotels invited me over to help drink up their arrival of Beaujolais Nouveau. :(

I read something like this on Dean Barrett's website, about when he was editing the Thai Airways inflight mag. He said that type of job got you no respect in journo circles, but a lot of free flights and the hotels loved you. Sounds like a fair exchange to me!

Ah' date=' for my days in publishing when the hotels invited me over to help drink up their arrival of Beaujolais Nouveau. :( [/quote']

I read something like this on Dean Barrett's website, about when he was editing the Thai Airways inflight mag. He said that type of job got you no respect in journo circles, but a lot of free flights and the hotels loved you. Sounds like a fair exchange to me!

I knew Dean back then, when we were both younger and really "hansum man". :(

I even wrote a bit for him in the 1980s. He owned the publishing company that did the inflight magazine, and one of his tricks was to make sure he had the next issue he was working on laid out so the hostesses would spot it. Sly bugger he was. ;)

• 1 month later...