A Good Red wine..

Torneyboy

Link

... I had my eyes opened almost 10 years ago, when I received a sample of a boxed chardonnay from France. This chardonnay came from Jean-Marc Brocard, a big Chablis producer who also makes a series of other chardonnays intended to display the qualities of the various soils in which the grapes were grown. ...

... The wine was so good, and I loved the packaging. It was great fun to have the box sitting in my fridge, and to simply pull the spigot whenever I wanted a glass. My attitude may have been childish, but isn’t every kid’s fantasy to have a favorite beverage on tap like that? And with bag-in-a-box technology, which keeps out air, the wine stayed fresh for weeks. ...

Not sure how much wine you get in boxes there in Dubai, Munchie, but obviously quite a lot here in Oz.

There *ARE* some decent box wines out here - you might pay $15 - $20 for them, and they are definitely drinkable.

No, you wouldn't turn up at someone's dinner party with one under your arm, but to keep in the kitchen for a drop when having dinner alone at night (as I do most nights at home) its more than passable.

:drunk::sleeping:

Fair point. But it's usually so cheap if you do chuck it then it's not a huge loss.

To be honest, if I buy cardboard then I buy one of the more reputable cellar brands from Oz here and it's usually more than ok. :thumbup:

I'll bring you a couple of nice bottles of Aussie red when I come to Fecking Dubai later this year! (I hope!) :beer:

My worry about "Chateau Cardboard" is that no matter how high grade, the plastic used to line the bag, it's still plastic and thereto will leach chemicals into the wine, turning an otherwise drinkable wine into a hangover, the likes of which may not have been achieved, with a similar quantity of glass encased wine.

There I've said it!

:)