Deep Kissing and BBBJs

I've just been mulling this over after something I read on the board recently:

If a guy is deeply kissing a girl (BG or "good" girl, doesn't matter), does it still make sense for him to require a condom for a BJ? Assuming no open sores on the penis, of course.

The theory being that 90+% of any STD you might catch through a BBBJ you would get in some form or another through kissing first. Does that make sense scientifically and statistically? It certainly is a higher risk for the girl, but for the guy?

This wouldn't imply never using a condom for oral sex; it would still be prudent for those girls you wouldn't kiss, like perhaps girls in a BJ bar, and certainly girls in salad bar (tossed, that is); Chocolat Steve, you know what I mean wink.gif

Obviously, going down on a girl is much higher risk, even if you've already been deep kissing.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

farangdang.

good post,i have posted messages in this and other forums and i have said my prefered thing is sex without condom.

i have been abused big time and i accept it BUT,all of ua can catch diseases from sex wether it is intercourse,anal or oral.

the risk is there!!!!.

i like sex no condom,but if the girl tells me "you must wear condom",then no problem for me,i will wear one.

you can still get a disease from BBBJ and anal,but people seem to forget this.

i have had much abuse thrown at me because i said i like no condom,the last time i went to LOS i had 127 fucks and done it 2 times no condom,but i was still told i was the cause of AIDS and STD's in south east asia.

i like a BBBJ from a girl,who does'nt?,but if you go down down on her is there any protection?,i don't think so

i will still do my thing,BBBJ,going down on them and if i can sex with no condom,

i know i will be flamed,but after another post who cares.

i know that all of you will die because of me,i am the cause of all SEXUAL DISEAESl on PLANET EARTH.

if i am not what is considered a good 'person' then i will not post again on this forum.

except to get in touch with people who want to stay in touch.

the people concerned know who they are and if we can have a good time in phuket then keep in touch with me.

if you want my personnal e-mail then let me know,we can correspond sensibly(?) and pass over the people who want nothing to do but give me a hard time.

i can take having a hard time,does not concern me and i welcome all the shit i will get from fellow members of the forum.

good luck to you all and i hope you all have a good time in thailand.

There is a difference between taking a calculated risk and being stupid. To choose no protection in all circumstances is what I would consider a stupid risk.

Take for example, hansum_man's trip report for Pattaya, I believe. He went bareback a few times (intercourse, that is) and made a rough calculation about how dangerous it was. I don't know if his stats are accurate, but he made a calculated decision. (I know at the time of the acts it was not calculated, but there was probably some rough probabilities running through his head.) If he chooses to go bareback and risks the odds, then that's up to him.

However, to state that there is risk in everything so we needn't bother being careful or discriminating is just outright stupid and irresponsible. Choosing to have a BBBJ from a gogo dancer is not risk free, but it is a far cry from receiving unprotected anal sex from a Katoey streetwalker.

Frankly I'd prefer if everyone else wore a condom at all times (well, you could take it off while taking a leak, I guess). Then I wouldn't have to. But barring that, at least make a reasonable decision based on the circumstances. I would imagine that the most irresponsible 5% of BGs and clients (and the BGs boyfriends) account for 90% of STDs.

The point of my question was to hopefully let us all be a little more informed of the risks. Knowing the risks and weighing that against the derived pleasure is what its all about.

There are different levels of risk for HIV. For instance, the highest risk of all is recipient anal sex. Receiving a BJ is just about the lowest risk. No one to my knowledge has ever acquired HIV through kissing. An interesting observation is that in the gay community in the U.S., gay males were hit hard, while lesbians were relatively left untouched (relatively, mind you). This led to the rejoinder against the fire-and-brimstone Christians of, "Well, if God hates gays, he must hate only the male ones."

There does appear to be some sort of inhibitive substance in saliva that accounts for the lower rate of transmission for oral sex. Not impossible to catch it that way, now, but oral sex involves MUCH lower transmission rates, dramatically lower. I believe the U.S, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention list the danger-level orders of all the various sexual practices. (I remember that giving oral sex to a women is a lower danger risk than giving oral sex to a man, but both MUCH lower than vaginal and, especially, anal sex, with once again a difference between recipient and giver.)

Dear Mr Dang,

Well I can only speak from experience on this one, I am only now recovering from a nasty bout of glandular fever (mononeucleosis) that I came down with 2 weeks after my return from LOS. Yes they call it the kissing disease..... I wonder where I caught that? The trip before I did the silly thing and went down on a BG or two and it took me four months to shake a bacterial throat infection with a course of Bactrim...never again.

Mr. SJ. 127 shags in your last trip....who's counting LOL.

FF,

Hmmmm I brought mononeucleosis back from Africa in the '80........nothing to do about that... and it has nothing to do with kissing............

Anyway that disease is for life.......

Also, back in 1983 is was very seldom to find infected people, nowaydays about 8 % carry it........scary......

BB,

The doc told me it was from kissing. but more importantly On an episode of "happy days" Richie caught mono and he got it from kissing some horid bobby soxer. Now who can argue with the fonze? Tell you what, I'll challenge you to a internet search and get back to you.

Cheers fred.

BB,

Na Na Na Na, found it.

www.nevdgp.org.au/ginf2/murtagh/Infections/Glandularfever.htm

glandular fever "the kissing disease"

BB,

Na Na Na Na, found it.

www.nevdgp.org.au/ginf2/murtagh/Infections/Glandularfever.htm

glandular fever "the kissing disease"

FF,

Thanks for the reply, but I'm lost...........

Na Na........means what ????? short for Nanaplaza ??????? or what ??? smile.gif

.........and the link......sorry does not work........ but dont worry I believe you.......smile.gif

Well I can only speak from experience on this one, I am only now recovering from a nasty bout of glandular fever (mononeucleosis) that I came down with 2 weeks after my return from LOS. Yes they call it the kissing disease.....

I had this too once, and it was not after giving oral sex. I believe a very large number, if not most, promiscuous adults have had mono at some point.

I don't even recall any deep kissing (exchange of bodily fluids), but there could have been a shared beer or cigarette, or some other carrier for a very infectious and persistent bug (unlike HIV). The good news is that, I believe, you typically only get this once and you develop anti-bodies for it; although it is certainly possible that there are different strains.

This is a case where I think if you were deep kissing you would have picked it up even if you hadn't gone down on the girl. If all you had was a BBBJ (no deep kissing) you may not have received it at all.

These are just my current understandings of mono, I've done no research so don't take my word for it.

Archived