Ill Manson follower Susan Atkins denied parole

TroyinEwa/Perv

I didn't post this so much for the story itself but for the comparison I wanted to make to the release of Abdelbeset Ali Mohmed al Megrahi, the convicted bomber who blew up Pan Am 103 and was responsible for the deaths of 270 people.

This lady is convicted of killing 9 people in 1969. The article says she was told in July of 2008 she had only months to live. She requested a release similar to the al Megrahi and was denied. She was yesterday denied parole in a regular hearing.

I can't help but wonder what the Scottish heads were thinking. Looking at the pictures of that guy, he is walking around, talking. This lady is bedridden, had a limb amputated and her crime in the big picture was far less.

I'm curious so I wonder if this hearing had been held before the al Megrahi hearing, would his have turned out differently? Probably not. I just don't get the logic used. If we free him, we certainly free her. If we don't free her, no way in hell I can see he is released either. :dunno:

An excerpt if you don't feel like clicking and reading the article....

Susan Atkins, the terminally ill Charles Manson follower who admitted stabbing actress Sharon Tate 40 years ago, lost what was likely to be her last bid for freedom Wednesday.

Atkins, who suffers from brain cancer, slept through most of the four-hour hearing during which her husband-lawyer pleaded for her release and families of victims of the Sharon Tate-Labianca killings urged that she be kept behind bars until she dies.

Link

They should both die in jail.

Atkins was handed the death sentence which was later changed to life, so she should count herself lucky to have clung onto life for so many years.

As for the Lockerbie bomber, who knows what the real reason was for his release. Political or financial gain, scoring some brownie points within the Islamic world?

Beats me.

Archived