air prices seem cheaper?

keith doug

Used Thaifly, not impressed.

Cheaper ticket but shitty route, extra stops and plane changes.

The savings were not worth the extra hours of travel.

Instead of being steered.

Maybe, you should try what I do.

Go to the site, find the fare/airlines you want, to start.

Then, go to that airline, select the connections you want, and include them in your message to them. I also include seating Port Side Window seat, early in the cabin.

I have got exactly, what I want, mostly on the first try. I usually book 2 or 3 months in advance.

Out of 10+ times, I have only had one trouble, with getting what I wanted, But, I waited to the last minute, in high season.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is it me ,, but was looking at flight prices heatrow/bkk ret in dec.. 2 years back i paid £720 ret ,, today i looked £505 inc tax!

They're cheaper than last year, a bit. I just got a roundtrip on EVA (from West Coast US) for $1,028 all in during high season (early Dec.). I paid around $1,200 for the same trip last year on China Air. My recent (mid-August) non-high-season China Air trip was even cheaper, mid-800s US.

Site is running today, but still the Calendar trouble.

www.thaifly.com

The Calendar on the first page is broken, satisfy it with dates in Sept and Oct, than modify on the results page. You should get a good price.

Good luck, keep us posted with what you find out.

Yes, I am replying to myself.

In the olden days, we had a Korean Airlines office in the nearest metro area here in farangland. One could walk in and 'haggle' the price. It was quite interesting as one could talk directly with a Korean Airline employee and get the best price on certain dates.

Sadly, they consolidated and closed the office here. No more of those 'secret' deals.

• 2 months later...

I only booked a flight a couple of days ago and I a return £653 with Emirates leaving on 28th December which I thought was a blinding deal at this time of year.I could have gone on 24th for the same price but I'd rather go down the local pub instead!

It seems that after December 5th,then the daft fare prices kick in.

Yes, I am replying to myself.

In the olden days, we had a Korean Airlines office in the nearest metro area here in farangland. One could walk in and 'haggle' the price. It was quite interesting as one could talk directly with a Korean Airline employee and get the best price on certain dates.

Sadly, they consolidated and closed the office here. No more of those 'secret' deals.

Hahaha...very true. I'm replying to your post a few months late after Lusty brought this thread back to life but, yeah, they used to do that.

Any employee (in the US) could give a friend a 20% discount off the published fare. The ticket offices had special pricing as well, as long as the Sales Manager signed off on it, but usually not less than you could purchase the ticket from one of their consolidators, since they didn't want to piss them off. Got complicated, but Koreans love messing around with pricing. :)

Archived