air prices seem cheaper?

keith doug

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is it me ,, but was looking at flight prices heatrow/bkk ret in dec.. 2 years back i paid £720 ret ,, today i looked £505 inc tax!

It is just you. For me it was extremely cheap this summer (FRA-BKK-NRT-FRA) ca. 800 EUR. During the holiday season around Christmas/New Year it is 1.100 EUR minimum for a direct flight FRA-BKK-FRA. If I remember right, it's more expensive than my last Christmas trip end 2007.

:(

Off season prices are super-cheap. I paid $700 AUD (about $620 USD) for my r/t flight with Cathay Pacific from Oz to BKK last month. :thumbup:

High season seems "normal" - at least from Australia.

When I want to go back in December, the cheapest flight is $1550 AUD. (About $1400 USD). :thumbdown:

Supply and demand.

Lower prices are just in response to lower bookings. (Fortunately, the international airlines don't follow the Thai formula of raising prices in response to lower demand). I usually fly EVA out of LA to BKK (via Taipei). Interestingly, for years, EVA has had TWO flights from LA-Taipei that departed within about 40 minutes of each other late at night. I was informed last week that my reservation was moved to another flight as they have apparently discontinued the flight I had booked.

HH

is it me ' date=', but was looking at flight prices heatrow/bkk ret in dec.. 2 years back i paid £720 ret ,, today i looked £505 inc tax! [/quote']

It is just you. For me it was extremely cheap this summer (FRA-BKK-NRT-FRA) ca. 800 EUR. During the holiday season around Christmas/New Year it is 1.100 EUR minimum for a direct flight FRA-BKK-FRA. If I remember right, it's more expensive than my last Christmas trip end 2007.

Maybe you need to look harder.

We booked for 5 weeks over x-mas at 680 Euro.

There are cheap deals out there.

What about Air Berlin from DDorf ?

BB

is it me ' date=', but was looking at flight prices heatrow/bkk ret in dec.. 2 years back i paid £720 ret ,, today i looked £505 inc tax! [/quote']

Maybe you need to look harder.

We booked for 5 weeks over x-mas at 680 Euro.

There are cheap deals out there.

What about Air Berlin from DDorf ?

BB

Unfortunately I will have to stick to the peak season (leaving in the around Dec. 24), which means 1.168 EUR with Air Berlin. If I would leave around New Year the price would drop to 768 EUR.

Archived