Big Trouble in Tourist Thailand - TV Program

carew66

The British marines were so painful to watch. The whole squad has a single pair of balls between them (the officer's), and even those are not exactly made of steel (he should have paid 10k, at most).

I wonder how they can fight a war if they get walked all over by a small group of Thai beach boys.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you've missed the point. The whole thing was a set-up for a TV show. Quite possibly they never even rented a Jetski and they weren't supposed to jump on JJ and start kicking the shit out of him. JJ was obviously enjoying himself. My guess is the marines were doing it for laughs and a few free beers.

I think you've missed the point. The whole thing was a set-up for a TV show. Quite possibly they never even rented a Jetski and they weren't supposed to jump on JJ and start kicking the shit out of him. JJ was obviously enjoying himself. My guess is the marines were doing it for laughs and a few free beers.

I agree with you. I'd go further and suggest that those lads weren't Royal Marines at all.

I wonder why JJ agreed to it - *IF* he's a real jetski operator in Phuket, that is! :surprised:

Surely this wouldn't do his business any good when tourists coming to Foo-ket see that? They'd stay away from him in droves.

I reckon he's a stooge too.

I actually watched all 4 episodes on Youtube - not sure if the Pommie girl in jail for dope possession is a set-up too. But seemed a far more realistic scenario than the jetski one.

If that story was true, wonder how her boyfriend feels as she was (according to her) only holding his dope for him when the cops came along and busted her.

The cops wanted about 70K bail I think it was. But they only had 15,000 baht between them and their parents in Cumbria were "too poor" to send any more.

15,000 baht for 2 people for a month in Thailand.

What were these people thinking??

Actually, no - they didn't think. :doah:

What about back-up funds or an ATM card for emergencies??

Backpackers.... pfft. :shakehead

Agreed...if this had been a true situation. Has all the earmarks of a bad reality show.

IMO the Marines would've come back and JJ and crew would've been pools of blood in the sand, the jet-ski's unidentifiable, the the hut spread out all over the beach. 5555555555 Well, not really, but you get the idea. No punk and his punk buddies would ever get away with that kind of crap with the Marines of ANY country.

HH

Archived