Teacher beats student...

Coss

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope these comments of "they used to do it to us and nobody batted an eyelash" aren't implying something along the lines of "those were the good old days, kids were tough then and they're pussies to complain about corporal punishment today..."

Putting people in [pretty much absolute] power over children attracts a lot of sadists and sickos (teaching, the priesthood, haha)...the nuns who used to "discipline" us when I was in elementary school were out-and-out brutal and abusive, one pinched my cheek so hard once that it bled...in 7th grade, there was a teacher who prided himself on the fact that he paddled kids so hard that he once broke a boy's hip.

there are lots of things people used to do "and nobody said anything"...and some of them are gone now for a reason!

<< The beating occurred on September 9 at a private Thai-Chinese bilingual secondary school ... >>

That tells you the kid's family has money. Must cost a pretty penny to study there.

<< The student had forgotten a textbook and the teacher reprimanded him, prompting the boy to sound off with profanities at the teacher who then flew into a rage ... >>

Sounds like the kid is an innocent babe who has not been spoiled at all by his "guardian". (Where the fork are his parents? A 14 year old with a 35 year old sister sounds like daddy has had a couple of wives.)

<< "We were shocked. The teacher's behavior is too violent to accept," said Maliwan, who filed a police complaint against the teacher ... >>

How much violence would they accept? :hmmm:

Sounds like you've taught kids too. :)

I taught 9th grade for one year in California. A tough Mexican-American kid actually called me out in class once. I told him to try it. He sat down. A 5-foot tall gal had a black kid who'd just moved from Detroit pull a knife on her in the classroom. She grabbed the Websters Unabridged Dictionary, swung it overhead and wallopped the thug with it. He was still out cold when the cops arrived. :)

I hope these comments of "they used to do it to us and nobody batted an eyelash" aren't implying something along the lines of "those were the good old days, kids were tough then and they're pussies to complain about corporal punishment today..."

Putting people in [pretty much absolute] power over children attracts a lot of sadists and sickos (teaching, the priesthood, haha)...the nuns who used to "discipline" us when I was in elementary school were out-and-out brutal and abusive, one pinched my cheek so hard once that it bled...in 7th grade, there was a teacher who prided himself on the fact that he paddled kids so hard that he once broke a boy's hip.

there are lots of things people used to do "and nobody said anything"...and some of them are gone now for a reason!

Agree.

Found the Video Clip here.

The pupil looks about 9 years old and is dwarfed by the teacher. The beating seems to go on for about 50 seconds. All those making light of it would likely feel differently if it was there own kid.

In the Thai Rath the teacher when interviewed was also trying to play down the incident saying his other hand was cushioning the blows and that the video was deliberately released to damage the school's reputation. Like that makes it any better.

Hmmm. Seems fairly mild compared with some of the Thai kid fighting videos. Teacher was wrong to lose it but maybe it's the size difference that makes it look shocking.

Never happened with my kids but if he was mine I'd have a chat with the principal. I'd also help him with his homework and tell him it's not a good idea to swear at teachers. Perhaps this kid isn't getting much help at home.

Archived