Any good jazz bars in BKK?

dave32

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

** afaik, overtone only plays jazz occasionally, though live music's on offer most nights...

** brick bar on ksr doesn't play jazz, but has good atmosphere and plenty of eye candy (few other bars in the area also have live music; try zest bar)

** next door to hemlock on phra arthit rd plays jazz on fri and sat evenings.

ahhh, more activity in the thread and I didn't see it.

Thanks Corinthian, Niu's is now officially on the the to do list.

"meat is back on the menu boys..."

-some Orc

and Colorwolf, thanks for the input. I need to explore Khao San road and Brick will likely be the jumping off point. An abundance of eye-candy may mean my explorations won't go much further. As the old wise sage so eloquently put it: 'We shall see'

Tough to go there when the doors are locked :-)

I know one of the owners and 2 band members that used to play there. Closed for good

Not sure if it has been mentioned:

Jazz Gallery Art and Music Club

44 Jackrapong Rd, Taladyod, Pranakorn

Bangkok, Thailand, 10200Phone:02-629-5821-2Mon - Sun:6:00 pm - 1:00 am

http://www.jazzgallerybkk.com

International and Thai cuisine.

Fine wines cellar and international cigar selection.

Saxophone club used to be pretty good some years ago. Anyone know if it still is?

I want to go back there but the Mrs won't. Says the music was TOO LOUD, and I agree. It depends which part of the pub you sit, we were in one poky corner and it really hurt our ears bouncing off all three walls. Interestingly there is a decibel meter on the mezzanine overhang that the band can see, so I guess they always try to push the limit. A bit of recalibration was required when we went. Good music tho!

Archived