Body, thought to be that of a foreigner, found in the waters off Sattahip.

Faustian

Yet another...

Anyone reported him missing? Anyone care? Just a nameless corpse. Very sad.

RIP

http://www.pattayaone.net/news/2009/october/news_15_10_52_2.shtml

Body, thought to be that of a foreigner, found in the waters off Sattahip.

Pattaya, October 15 [PATTAYA ONE NEWS] : On Tuesday we reported on the search for a body off the coast of Sattahip by the Royal Thai Navy Coastguard Unit who were alerted by the Captain of a Fishing Boat who spotted a body floating in the water. At the time there was an indication it may have been the body of a foreign man but the coastguards returned to the location where the body was first spotted and were unable to locate it. On Wednesday Afternoon a report of a second sighting of the body came in and this time it was retrieved. Due to a high level of decomposition it could not be confirmed if the body was that of a foreigner but local Police tell us because of the size of the corpse it is unlikely to be a Thai. No visible signs of trauma could be seen on the fully clothed man who is thought to have been dead for at least 3 days. Forensic tests are now underway to confirm the cause of death and to confirm the identity of the man.

"Police tell us because of the size of the corpse it is unlikely to be a Thai."

How the fuck do these idiots keep their jobs? Silliest thing I have heard. I see many large Thais, probably Chinese Thais I think, but many large Thais throughout the kingdom these days. Hell I saw a kid/teen up in Nong Khai once that was well over six feet tall (about 6' 5" I estimated, and only around 17 yro). And I see many here in Surin that are just as big as most of the avaerage sized farang here. Unlikely... my ass.

The Thai cops say the stupidest things in these reports. Day in and day out I read comments by the Thai cops that make me shake my head in amazement.

Archived