Bar for Rent in 5 Storey Building (Sukhumvit Soi 7/1. Nana BTS)

man_ghon

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you still get a free sausage at Downunder at about 5 or 6 in the afternoon?

Apparently you are looking for the old Blue Lightning bar.:) Probably not free' date=' either.[/quote']

No, Dowunder Bar. The owner used to fire up the barbie in the late afternoon and dish out free sausages to the customers. However it's been a few years since I was last there.

No, they do not.

He stopped that about 18 months ago about the same time he jacked the beer price from 60 baht to 70 baht.

The owner has lost so many teeth I think he got pissed off because he could not enjoy them while others could - IMO he has that type of personality.

That place (the Downunder Bar) about 2 years ago went a bit down hill when his lady started to take over the place whilst he fell into a drunken stupour more and more. Eventually, regulars started to leave the sinking ship and migrated to the soi 8 bar.

Eventually, the shite hit the fan, accusation following accusation, allegations of money missing, rent not paid etc ... this led to a mexican stand off, place shut for a few days, lawyers called and a truce declared (after reportedly, money exchanged hands) and the ex-thai departed. Now the owner is with a new one and the place seems to be back to it's old days but still no sausages on fridays ... alas, the good old days.

One of my regular BGs (Ms D)that worked at the now de-funked Tequila Dragon worked at Downunder for a while. She did not like it and quit went across the street to the Crazy Hot Bar and went to work.

If you find one you like it's best to get a phone number or you may not find them again!!

S1

Archived