What do the Japanese pay girls at Thermae?

Wallenda

Actually I am a bar owner!! And i stand by what I said - I would rather a bar full of Japanese rather than Farangs. I'll give you two examples from last night alone and this tends to happen on a regular basis.

One farang walks into the bar and sits down. Waitress goes to take his order and he says he doesn't want a drink - he just wants to sit and watch the show. When the waitress said it is not allowed he threw a hissy fit and verbally abused the girl. I was called in to sort it out and I got the cheap twat thrown out.

An hour later a farang customer comes up to me and asks if I want to buy his watch or his gold chain as he has no money to pay his check bin. he ended up at Thonglor.

Over the past couple of weeks I've had three attempted runners, one farang threatened to shoot me (I told him not to go looking for me on Wednesdays and Thursdays because they're my days off :)), and numerous other frigging hassles from farangs.

I can put my hand on my heart and tell you I have NEVER had a problem from a Japanese customer.

As to going broke ... well I happen to know the monthly net profit figures of Baccara which is predominantly a Japanese bar. Bear in mind that 75% of that bar was recently sold for a figure that would blow your mind with the new owner confident of getting his return within 2 years. They are also about to open Baccarra No2. in Pattaya.

So yes...give me japanese customers any day of the week.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ozpharlap, you do know that the Japanese Government is currently trying to find ways to reverse the culture of 'work hard, drink hard' among many Japanese men, don't you ? This is an excerpt from a Gaijin's account of the dreaded last train home in the AM:

The train is crowded with businessmen (and oftentimes, women as well) reeking of alcohol, stumbling on their way home. I have seen people pass out, get head butted in a drunken fight, and even had one fall on top of me.The strange thing is, no one gets mad at these drunkards or looks at them in pity. People make room for those who throw up and allow those sleeping in the train stations to lie still until they are able to move again.

Anyone who has caught the last train back to the 'burbs on a Friday/Saturday night in Oz wouldnt have any problems visualising the above, but its far from your vision of a nation of Fanta drinkers.

ozpharlap, you do know that the Japanese Government is currently trying to find ways to reverse the culture of 'work hard, drink hard' among many Japanese men, don't you ? This is an excerpt from a Gaijin's account of the dreaded last train home in the AM:

The train is crowded with businessmen (and oftentimes, women as well) reeking of alcohol, stumbling on their way home. I have seen people pass out, get head butted in a drunken fight, and even had one fall on top of me.The strange thing is, no one gets mad at these drunkards or looks at them in pity. People make room for those who throw up and allow those sleeping in the train stations to lie still until they are able to move again.

Anyone who has caught the last train back to the 'burbs on a Friday/Saturday night in Oz wouldnt have any problems visualising the above, but its far from your vision of a nation of Fanta drinkers.

I suppose it's possible this country of 125 million could have some guys who drink Fanta.

I have never encountered a Japanese punter I found detestable while out and about in Bangkok. When I have encountered a Japanese punter that was over inebriated he was always with a friend or group that made sure I knew he was harmless and just drunk.

I often encounter falangs who, when under the influence, act like complete retards.

I don't think for a second that the theramae is becoming exclusive due to the Japanese overspending. I think the theramae has always been a bottom of the barrel, maybe you get lucky maybe you don't, cheap charlie of a hang out, late night hoot, with super hot cocktail waitresses.

This thread smacks of the 'do you remember when...' crowd that wants to lean back on the good old days, blame changes on the nightlife scene on the scene itself and not the changes that have occurred within the given individual.

I have managed to pull more than a few winners from the theramae and had nights where I was left scratching my head wondering what I was doing there....but....I always managed to enjoy myself.

I have managed to pull more than a few winners from the theramae and had nights where I was left scratching my head wondering what I was doing there....but....I always managed to enjoy myself.

Ditto. Couldn't have put it better myself. ;)

I haven't been there for a few years so I can't comment on Thermae. Japanese patrons do seem to have increased steadily over the years. I remember when you'd only see 2 or 3 in there. Nice enough fellows. Maybe it's the numbers people find intimidating.

It really irks me this anti-Japanese sentiment here sometimes.

It really says more about the "inward looking mentality" of some of the posters here. Let's take Thermae back for god sakes!!!

It makes me cringe when anyone brings up the old adage "the 3 Threes" or "4 fours" or whatever just to make themselves feel superior.

I'll tell you something as a bar owner' date=' I would prefer a bar full of Japanese rather than farangs both from a financial perspective and a hassle free perspective. [/quote']

I dream of the day when farangs of all shades and colors can sit together in one big room, all of us watching the little boobies bounce up and down up on the stage. It's a small world after all. (cue the record) ...

er ..farangs are white Europeans, so not sure where the shades and colours comes in.

Archived