What do the Japanese pay girls at Thermae?

Wallenda

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True. A different culture, but the Japanese I know in Thailand, have more in common with Americans than they do with Thais. I have not yet met the mythical Japanese guy who pays twice or thrice what Farangs pay in Thai bars. No idea, however, on how things work in Japan itself.

It really irks me this anti-Japanese sentiment here sometimes.

It really says more about the "inward looking mentality" of some of the posters here. Let's take Thermae back for god sakes!!!

It makes me cringe when anyone brings up the old adage "the 3 Threes" or "4 fours" or whatever just to make themselves feel superior.

I'll tell you something as a bar owner, I would prefer a bar full of Japanese rather than farangs both from a financial perspective and a hassle free perspective.

It really irks me this anti-Japanese sentiment here sometimes.

It really says more about the "inward looking mentality" of some of the posters here. Let's take Thermae back for god sakes!!!

It makes me cringe when anyone brings up the old adage "the 3 Threes" or "4 fours" or whatever just to make themselves feel superior.

I'll tell you something as a bar owner, I would prefer a bar full of Japanese rather than farangs both from a financial perspective and a hassle free perspective.

I dream of the day when farangs of all shades and colors can sit together in one big room, all of us watching the little boobies bounce up and down up on the stage. It's a small world after all. (cue the record)

Seriously, my impression of the ones in Thermae: they didn't exactly strike me as the upper crust of Japanese society. I guess every country has its cheap charlies. Yeah mine too. (and sometimes that includes me). (not always though)

I would have to think that the theramae is just a grouping of cheap charlie's because thats what it caters toward.

Should you not get the attention of the girl you desire in the theramae it is well and easy enough to blame it on something you cannot control instead of something within yourself that you are unwilling to change.

I love the theramae and have always had a good time there. I go there because every now and then I love the atmosphere.

Blaming the Japanese for your overwhelming beer belly or [insert obvious falang shortcoming here] is just poor form and in no way Jai Dee.

Try to remember there is no guarantee that you will get the girl you target, just a better likelihood than in farangland. Try to appreciate that fact and stop hating or blaming the other guy.

Blaming the Japanese for your overwhelming beer belly or [insert obvious falang shortcoming here] is just poor form and in no way Jai Dee

I just put it down to the way you dress. Some block walks in with old shorts (which are way past their use by date) and an un-ironed/unwashed shirt as opposed to the trendy dress Japanese cheap charlie ... go figure, which one will she more then likely take.

Sometimes, on that holiday mode people loose sight of reality ... who will the girl pick back on their own turf, yeah, the well groomed laid back man.

It makes me cringe when anyone brings up the old adage "the 3 Threes" or "4 fours" or whatever just to make themselves feel superior ... I'll tell you something as a bar owner, I would prefer a bar full of Japanese rather than farangs both from a financial perspective and a hassle free perspective.

What are the "3 threes" or "4 fours"?

Please do not become a bar owner, you will go broke. Culturally, asians are not big drinkers (yakuza/triads excepted) or if they drink, they do so with friends over dinner. On my observations, a japanese man will come in, predetermined who he wants, will order a soft drink and then bar fine the girl.

In Australia, Indians love their cricket and will attend local RSL clubs to watch it, invariably, they will drink the free water/coffee/tea, sometimes for 2-3 hours without buying a single drink. Nothing wrong with that if you can get away with it.

It is not being a racist, just observations on different cultures and how they socialize/party or indulge in the flesh trade.

IMO these bars are set up on western standards, get the punter in, fill him with booze and if he takes a bird home after 2-3 hours, well, that is just fries with your burger, but they still make their money on the burgers.

I recall once, at a drinks bar in Pattaya, a friend and I started drinking at 11am till midnight. There was a young attractive bar staff who was making suggestive motions towards me but as things were, I had just met up with this old friend and it was good, just to drink and catch up with him. Anyway, a young japanese guy comes in, at about 9pm, buys a fanta, then whisk away the bar staff. The Thai manager scolds me, saying you silly not to take the girl and he is smarter man. Go figure, 20 beers each, say 70 baht profit each beer (total profit say 2800 baht). Japanese profit, say 30 baht for his drink and 300 baht bar fine - he sucked on the fanta for an hour. This was a small bar, so one girl gone had just left 2 girls left to serve so leaving with a punter rather then staying at the bar with the punter is not good business smarts). However, I had already told the manager I was not interested in the girl tonight, as I was to pissed, and just catching up with a friend - but, several times said I was not smart because i did not ravage her bar staff girl lol. Funny how some people judge business principles or ideas.

Archived