Krispy Kreme heading for Thailand

ThaiHome

Why do Thais bother with shite overpriced farang food ?

Same reason in farangland shite over priced asian restaurants do ok...

Would kill for a good haggis though.. there was a lovely old scottish lady where I used to work, she was sort of mine and the GL's (and most of the other staff's) surrogate mother in there. You know the kind - 60 ish, very motherly, great cook. She used to bring in the most amazing food. Cakes, slices, and yes, haggis. Her Aussie hubby was a big fan of it too, and I have fond memories of him carving up some haggis over a few cold ones after work...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HonoluluJimmy

KK is famous for doing benefits. The set up in HNL was a Doz sugar units was sold for 10USD and the orginazation get the 10bucks. I funded my ticket to Phuket that way. They sorta wanted me out of the Car Park at Ala Moana Ctr. :( Now I sit on the bench out side Lotus Rawai and score a pooying within 30 min everyday. Saving all the Lady Drinks and Bar Fines will allow me to continue living at my 2000USD per month beach house! :drool::drool::drool:

Krispy Kreme completely fark themselves in the USA, over expanded, stock crashed...blah-blah...so try LOS...but me thinks that Mr. Donut can beat them down in a heartbeat!!!

KK is already in Korea, Japan, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Australia. The expansion into Thailand was probably just a matter of finding someone with the capital to fund it. Looks like they found a good one. Note in article I posted, despite all the earlier problems, they continue to be profitable

A Mr Donut glazed is nothing compared to a KK one.

Oh, and BB’s remark was not “farang†food, unsurprisingly, it was specific to American food.

TH

Oh, and BB’s remark was not “farang†food, unsurprisingly, it was specific to American food.

TH

Absolutely not. same goes for Au Bon Pain, overpriced yukky pizza, and more of the stuff....

But subject at hand is indeed a US brand of doughnut, not my fault.

Love them by the way, and please, I can express my own ideas, not need for you to do so.... :beer:

BB

You didn't specify that this was just donuts and Starbucks, you said "Why do Thais bother with shite overpriced farang food ?" which I read to include 'all' farang food.

it is the subject at hand.....

And even if we are just talking of donuts and Starbuck's, then why does it matter what you, or I, think about it? I'd say that each person should be able to make up their own mind and the least this will do is increase the variety. Up to the individual whether or not they eat it.

It does not matter, and yes, I agree with you.

And my best example is right here at home, she loves farang food at least as must as her own Thai food.....

BB

TH

Absolutely not. same goes for Au Bon Pain, overpriced yukky pizza, and more of the stuff....

Pizza is American isn't it?? :cover:

What the fuck has your dick got to do with donut shaped hagii?

You can use your dick to punch out the holes in the donuts?? :dunno:

(Or carry 6 donuts and 2 cups of coffee at the same time!) :grinyes:

Only 6!? Poor ozzies, I didn't know. NOW I get all the penus envy toward Americans. It's OK.

:neener:

Ps. Regrettably, have never had Haggis. Need to fix that.

yea, last week ran into a KK kiosk in a hotel in Kuala Lumpur...laughed pretty hard at that one. KK expanded into the NE USA pretty fast (my secretary who went to school in the south waited in line for over 2 hours the day they opened in our area), then all the shops closed when they had $ problems.

Funniest one I saw recently was a Bubba Gump Shrimp company restaurant in KL.....never saw them in the US before!

Archived