Krispy Kreme heading for Thailand

ThaiHome

Hell, I actually like KKs. Used to buy them at Mobil Marts when getting gas in the morning.

KL eh? Would like to spend some time there eventually. And there are Bubba Gumps stateside. Not proud to say that one is within a few miles of my place in LA ----> as my old man used to say: 'Son, that is some fucked-up shit'

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One more nail to the junkfood eaters' coffin . I would say this is eatable plastic with artificially designed taste based on pure sugar and chemical formulas .

BuBi Healthcare

Actually, that’s what makes KK unique in this world. It is probably one of the few remaining old style donuts you can get today. Though I don’t deny the sugar content, there are no chemicals or artificial flavors. They have been using the same dry donut mix and their own designed machines since the 1940’s.

TH

ThaiHome , never would I dare to question any of your statements nor do I know enough about this product , but old style bakery tecniques do not survive sophisticated distribution channels nor do they keep their taste long enough to be eaten with pleasure . Til I read this thread yesterday I did not even know what a donut is to be honest . I strictly stay away from industrialised food with some exemptions though I am neither green or vegetarian .

I was kitchen committee chairman for my Lodge in the States for many years. On certain days I'd be up at about 4.30am to head to Krispy Kreme to load up on doughnuts ( aka donuts). It was fascinating watching the machines at work on the assembly line, sort of like a scene from an old movie. :)

Archived