Whats the story with the space formerly known as Angel Disco?

Wallenda

Wendella I have no info for you. I read this and on a whim decided to see what was happening at the old nanadisco-dot-com site.

Don't go there Google has a malware warning on the page.

It would seem to me that this bar could not possibly remain empty for long....the location is how shall I say....right in the crotch of the naughty nightlife industry.

I guess you are also outside Thailand. There's lots of board members here who aren't. I'm sure it must be one of :

1. just empty, no sign of anything opening

2. currently being remodeled into something

Find it hard to believe nobody who posts on this board has been inside the lobby of Nana Hotel in the past few months. Just have to walk near the front entrance of the hotel to be able to see at least something.

I agree -- it seems a natural location for something interesting to pop up again. The formula for success is already known (as is the formula for failure).

Don't know why they don't open a coffee shop like the Thermae and take in some of the crowds from the car park.

Boo's idea seems perfect to me. Especially if they could grease whatever palms called for to remain open long hours like Thermae used to do.

I've done business with car park suppliers twice in the past year. One a great experience, the other probably the worst I've ever had in LOS. Bad enough to steer me away from trying there again.

Moving things inside, under the lights, and a little less chaotic than the parking lot, would encourage me to try again.

Am not in Thailand but have had 2 different friends who are tell me it is reopening in December or January . . . as a disco! If this is the case I will be interested to see if it can be revived or is dead on arrival.

As long as it's handled in some way that's not completely inept (see, Angels Disco, R.I.P. July 2009) it will be a great addition. It might suck a lot of the FL talent out of the other smaller places in the vicinity, esp now with Biergarten shutting. Me, I'd much rather have more girls in one space than the same number scattered around diff bars and clubs.

Basically if they let the girls in and don't hassle them, and let us guys be there for something reasonable, it should take off. If they want to have the highest door fee in the city and charge more for drinks than any NP bar, well, we know what the result of that would be.

Archived