Whats the story with the space formerly known as Angel Disco?

Wallenda

Despite having spent way-too-many-hours within 20 metres of the entrance, I only went into the disco once. I dont know what its like on a 'good night', but it was basically just a place for freelancers to kick back before starting their 'shift' : given that I could get that anywhere within a square kilometre or so, I didnt see much point paying a cover charge to take a look at the 'menu'. One of the girls I got to know told me that it was a good place to get a customer until the ratio of girls to punters became completely skewed - she just turned up later and went straight out to the carpark.

When I first started visiting Bangkok back in 2000-2001, it was a great spot. If I remember right, there was no door fee at this point, but they really did pressure you big time to buy a drink once inside. Fair enough. Lots of girls then, good ratio, and seemed to have a good number of the gray-area type girls, the ones sticking their toe in the water to try the game out but not quite making the change into a FT working girl. But you could be sure that any girl in the place was available for a price. The one song that sticks in my head from that period was Oh Oh Oh by China Dolls, a Thai girl group. Huge hit back then, you'd hear it everywhere (such as coming out of speakers on the street at Siam Square).

Oh Oh - China Dolls

• 4 weeks later...
I'm slowly building replicas of the entire lower Suk area, circa 2002, in my basement. To be fair, its not to scale, and some of the girls are asking when they will be allowed to go to those waitressing jobs I promised them, but everyone needs a hobby, right ?

Pics very, very soon.

So I guess the big question on everyone's minds: what's the door fee at your Angels disco gonna be?

Archived