how in holy frack do you sleep in bkk?

dave32

3 days. a few hours of sleep. f**k me, i am worn and exhausted... but my senses are in overdrive and i cannot kill the restlessness and get more than an hour or 2 shut-eye in a sitting.

:grinyes: help. i'm getting into that giddy state where you start laughing at random shit.

i mean, i know the atom is like 10% matter and 90% energy, or something... but, christ, man needs a little rest. a grace period if you will.

to top it off some french idiot at my hotel is screaming into a phone.

'i don't know karate... but i know cah-RAZY'

-James Brown

sorry man, i really don't have anything to say. i guess i'll go have a couple beers.

Usually hits me about day 4-5. Day 4 or 5 get my normal afternoon beer-buzz going :drunk: get a massage, BJ or ST :cool: go back to the hotel and pass out for 10-12 hours! :sleeping::sleeping:

Yeah. Thanks sir. :up:

I didn't even make it to day 4. Need to work on my stamina. :alert:

After posting walked down to Soi 7 and had a couple beers. Hopped on BTS line towards Mo Chit, got off at stop after Victory Monument. Walked around, still feeling battered, but good too. Hopped back on BTS to explore some more and suddenly I felt this fucking hair-raising fiery earth shaking shit coming on. I was worried about crapping my pants on the train. :doah:

This was one of those, I should NOT have eaten that Som Tam and spicy soup last night shits... cause it was burning already and I was puckering up like a madman in order to avoid an int'l incident.

Luckily my hotel is just off of the Asok station, waddled out like a duck and almost made it to my room. Almost.

Well, I was nice enough to put the underwear and pants in a plastic grocery bag, tie it up and walk it to trash outside and save the poor cleaning lady.

Showered up. Drank another beer, smoked a cig, and laid back on the bed to daydream. Felt relieved.

And then I opened my eyes and it was dark. And for a split second I had a fucking horrible fear that I'd passed out for the whole night and lost an evening, but then I checked and it was a little before 10pm. Life was beautiful.

Thank you Jesus.

I know that feeling of imminent bowel disaster. It always amazes me how the body recoils at the spice being inside and seeks to expel regardless of where you are. The mind has no say in the matter. It's going to come out.

Nasty, very nasty.

As regards sleep, I wouldn't bother, it's overrated.

As regards sleep, I wouldn't bother, it's overrated.

:applause:

Indeed sir. Sometimes, it is.

A little off topic: read a post on another site where a guy was stating bad experiences he had kn Thailand (re: being deceived)... and that he now felt closer to his wife, and that Bangkok left him feeling hollow and empty.

And I couldn't help but reflect that my experience is different. And that suburban life in America often left me feeling hollow and empty. And my trips to Thailand have left me exhausted, but somewhat at peace and satisfied. Like I've completed a long journey, with several twists and turns, and that path has changed me a little -- and I've changed the path.

maybe.

'the heat is so great

it plays -- tricks with the eye

it turns the road to water

and then from water to sky

and there's a crack in the concrete floor

and it starts at the sink

there's a bathroom in a gas station

and i've locked myself in it --

to think'

Oh, the night is my world

City light painted girl