What's your temperature?

shygye

I ran the program to see the temp rise on my PC after playing Unreal Tournament 3.

Temp1: 77C

Core: 55C

Above temps noted just after playing the UT3 game. After a few mintes of just browsing, the temp dropped to

Temp1: 58C

Core: 46C

I think Temp1 is for the ATI Radeon HD4830 video card.

Temp2 and Temp3 were both lower in the 25-40C range. I'm not sure what these two are for.

The PC has been very steady -- no hardware issues.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm running a 9 year old desktop and was having a problem with overheating.

I've done routine cleanings inside the case before, but this time, for the first time, I unscrewed the cooling fan from the processor.The heat sinks behind the fan were packed tight with dust and lint.

Once the processor was cleaned, my overheating stopped.

I turn my laptop on. It works. I do stuff. I turn it off.

That's about the extent of it really. :rolleyes:

As long as it works. Once I had lecture at a university in Japan and I as always I was still working on it the night before. But this time my notebook abandoned me shutting dowin every 10-15 minutes. That was a long, sleepless night...

• 2 weeks later...

I once installed an aftermarket processor in a powerbook 1400c. It promised the speeds of the then recently released g3 chip.

The install went well and I was amazed at how I had transformed my 1400c into a faster than life g3.

Within 20 minutes the keyboard became too hot to touch, began to melt, and sparks and smoke shot out of the thing. It was awesome to watch and only afterwords did I realize I had just lost all of my work on the drive.

Archived