Dave the "Rave"

Wallenda

Has anyone checked in on this website lately? The supposed blog has turned into nothing but a series of promo spots. No blog writing at all. The whole past month has just been announcements of this buffet or that happy hour. No substantive content whatsoever. It's just 100% ads now. Time to delete this bookmark, I think. Big thumbs down on this website.

But I did notice this...

"SOI COWBOY - LITTLE LAS VEGAS

At the Sukhumvit Soi 23 end of Soi Cowboy, the @ Corner Bar located directly opposite The Old Dutch Restaurant run drink specials that change daily. One example is Beer Lao @ 70 Baht, which I thought some of you might want to check out"

And I'm in the wasteland :(

I like Dave, see him about every time I am in BKK, but got to agree, his site is becoming jammed with ads and ads only.

Bring back the good writing there Dave!!

Nice guy maybe, never met him myself. But as a blogger, he just sucks. These days at least. Maybe he did some great posts way back when. Not lately. Just putting ads in the place of blog posts is a real turnoff to his would-be readers. Looks like he's jumped the shark here. Anyway, fair enough, if he doesn't feel like writing, I dont' feel like visiting his site again. And he has no right to say he's too busy -- he recently changed his format to 2 entries a week, but then never wrote anything but ads in them. We're not as dumb as we look.

I see guys bashing Stickman, but his blog is fun to read even now -- and he writes a LOT. He went thru a dry patch there a few years, but it's mostly enjoyable to read these days again, for me at least as a non-Thailander. I don't care at all if he plugs this bar or that bar for a fee or whatever it is he does to supplement his income. Kind of like when you go to a movie and there's product placement... oh Jim Carrey's drinking a Diet Coke. No big deal. I'm not going to go seeking out the places he namedrops anyway, unless it's particularly good, which if it's a go-go, I can see myself as soon as I walk in -- if not, walk out or have just 1 beer and go, no biggie. (Sunrise Taco was definitely a good one I learned of off his site tho)

Archived