I think I just found Malaysias cheapest..

gobbledonk

I have booked a swag of hotels all over M'sia (OK, KL and Pengang !) for our upcoming holiday, but it wasnt until I decided to book a couple of nights in Ipoh that I realised how expensive the others have been by comparison. I know you dont pay big city prices to stay in the provinces (tourist traps aside), but this would appear to be good value if the reviews are anything to go by. Anytime I can get a hotel room for between 37 and 58 AUD per night, I'll take it. (Brissie CBD would be min 150 per night in the same period, and that place is a dump).

Past experience in places like Shenzhen tells me there probably isnt a lot to do other than drink and procreate, but I can live with a couple of days of relative boredom before our little freak show rolls into KL. Bukit Bintang and the infamous Beach Club will both be within staggering distance of our hotel, so a couple of nights of actually sleeping might be a good plan.

Gobble

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree a little bit with that.

Yes - country Malaysia is very well priced for hotels, but I reckon that KL is one of the best-priced cities in Asia for 3 and 4 star hotels.

Examples - Park Royal Kuala Lumpur, The Swiss Inn,

Dynasty Hotel etc. - all great (I've stayed in them all) and all for under $100 AUD per night.

Last time I was in KL earlier this year (and using my own money) I needed a night's accommodation at stayed at Tune Hotels which are owned by The Air Asia group.

Simple, but brand new and very clean.

Guest HonoluluJimmy

Insider hint.

I'm a J.W. Marriot guy all the way. In KL the spot is the Marriot Renassance. do boo into the Exec lounge and get a room facing the Petrons Towers. From the lounge window seats you get a great view of the towers. As you sip on there fine wines or top shelp open bar enjpoy a little maow mahk mahk as the sun goes down. The building transforms from sunlite specticle to a wonderful decor lite specticle... :up::up: Petronas Towers... pronounced petro nas. not pe tro nas.

It is worth time but it won't ring in at 58 Oz Bucks! sorry :):):)

Fair enough MooNoi - I guess wanting to stay right in the middle of the action hasnt helped my wallet in KL : looking forward it, if not necessarily looking forward to that insane traffic. Difficult to imagine what various Asian cities, including Bangkok, will be like in 50 years time if they dont get on top of their traffic issues soon.

I used to stay at the Ritz Carlton in KL - $100 a night - including a butler "What does a butler do" I asked her - she replied "Well she can draw you a bath"

I told her I have a digital camera.

Free access to the lounge upstairs - drinks after 5 - great dal - for a 6 star hotel - only time I use them - because it suited business

I never use expensive hotels - however in KL it worked out cheaper - I could either get taxis - which are a pain compared to Bangkok - and travel in shitty traffic all day trying to visit 5 clients - very hard to do.

OR

I invite the clients to the Ritz Carlton - they meet me on the exec floor for snacks etc - happy in the surroundings - and I can justify it, even save money

:)

Archived