Ice cream

Finally found something I miss from my home-country laugh.gif

In Holland they have these fantastic Italian ice-cream shops where you can eat this nice, soft ice-cream in 250 different variations in asurd portions. Really miss that laugh.gif

Anyone knows this in Bangkok? (No, don't come with swenssens, Haagen dasz etc, I mean the real stuff!)

Hey, don't diss Swenson's. That is one of my favorite places to take ladies after a trip to the movies.

And, don't forget, Swenson's is the one that gave us The Topless Five.*

*No, not five waitresses not wearing blouses. It was five scoops of delicious Swenson's ice cream without toppings. smile.gif

Hi Sarisin,

Naaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh, that's not even *close*!

Where are you from? Don't they have any respect for good taste over there? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

SCREW the Topless Five (Literally? Figuratively?)! It's the Earthquake that does it for me. smile.gif

Some of the Italian restaurants (like I think Pan Pan?) offer Italian ice cream, and I've seen an Italian ice-cream place on Chaeng Wattana Road, in that little shopping center behind The Pizza Company/Swenson's, between Big C and Tesco-Lotus, but I've never tried it. There's a small stand at the Skytrain entrance to The Emporium that sells what it claims is Italian ice cream, but once again, I have not tried that. I HAVE tried the stuff in Hua Hin, in the ice-cream parlor on the road leading up to the main beach entrance; that was good.

There's a specific word for Italian ice cream, isn't there? Glace, or something like that?

Archived