Street of Shame

unit731

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just litrally got back to the hotel and came back early because I just didn't feel comfortable.

I'm staying in Soi 9 and all of lower Suk has been overun with Nigerian hookers and by my reckoning this evening they were out numbering the Thai's by about three to one.

I stopped for a couple in "The Tunnel" as I quite like this area and was solicited on at least five occassions where they actually took up residence in the stool next to me and tried to strike up conversation.

HIV anyone?

I won't be staying in Lower Suk in the future.

Joking aside,I can see this becoming a problem sooner rather than later as the Thai and Nigerian chicks compete for space.Small clusters of Nigerian guys are never far away either so I must assume their controlling their "bitches".

I wonder what sort of cut the BIB's are on for allowing them to operate? :hmmm:

Mind you it's good to see that the pavement is being re-laid.

I have noticed the odd numbered side is pretty bad. I have little need to go on that side. The only part of the even numbered side that could be considered really bad is from Soi 6 to 4, and even that is pretty mild compared to the opposite side of the street which runs almost all the way to Asoke.

TH

I have a Thai friend who comes from a prominent Thai business family. He is a career banker turned entrepreneur and real estate developer.

About eight years ago, we were having dinner and a visiting farang business associate asked this guy what was the 5th Avenue of Bangkok and he said Sukhumvit road.

So, if Thais consider this stretch of road one of the highest rent districts of Bangkok, how do you think they react when the drive past and see what's going on today. From a sex tourists perspective it may feel like paradise, but the thais see it as a complete shit hole brought about by corruption. "Street of Shame" is an appropriate title Sukhumvit has earned and all Thais should be ashamed of it.

It would have been a lot better for everyone if the action stayed indoors.

Fifth Avenue, from 34th Street to 59th Street, is only upscale stores like Saks 5th Avenue, Tiffany's and Bergdorf Goodman, plus some tourist spots like St. Pat's Cathedral and Rockefeller Center. Above 59th Street is high rent apartment buildings, on the East and Central Park on the West, where some of the super rich of the world live, with not one shop or restaurant on street level. Below 34 Street is mostly offices and residential.

Anyway, after 7 PM it's dead as a doornail. 5th Avenue is boring.

I don't know what impression rich Thai's get of lower Suk, as they drive by. Probably just tail lights of the cars in front of them.

I'll take lower Suk for nighttime fun anytime. I was there last night and felt quite comfortable and had a good time.

Archived