What bad economy? Pattaya booked!

Steve

I couldnt believe the ratio of Farang to Thais in BKK when I got back on Dec 31 (similar in KL a few months previously - drove me insane), and the airport was a madhouse when I got the connection back to Singapore for the midnight flight to Oz. Am really over it atm - I vowed never to travel over Xmas/New Year many years ago, even within Oz ('Holiday' road toll currently over 60 people) and its a vow I need to revisit. My boss, unfortunately, doesnt share my passion for mid-year sojourns, but that is absolutely preferable IMO.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to love the low season as well when I was single. The worst 2 times of year to go to Thailand IMHO are christmas/new year and songkran. Although I do realise than many people have to take holiday at christmas time so do not have a choice.

Simie.

I've had quite a few xmas/new years in Thailand both living there and when I've had to take holiday a few times at that time of year.

Personally I found Bangkok to be ok but Samui and Pattaya best avoided if you can. Just my personal view others may disagree.

Simie.

Same with me. This my slow time at work.

The people I work with were even asking contractors to take a 2 month off time.

They threw in a few perks for the deal so I signed up for it.

This last year has been a struggle for work, but thankfully we made it.

One of our competiers closed the doors dec. 22.

No warning what so ever. Leaving drivers stranded all over the U.S. and the office people coming to work with locked doors.

That sucks right at Christmas and all.

CS, as for your atm did you tell your bank you were going overseas?

If not then the card is only good for the U.S. and maybe Cananda.

Depends on your bank.

Found that out the hard way my first trip over here, but had other funds.

My own fault. Lost my ATM card since my last trip and assumed they would code it the same. We all know about the word 'assume' don't we? :(

Again, really surprised the traffic and crowds given the present economic climate. Bodes well for Thailand and Pattaya specifically for the future.

Hi CS, At least you had a good friend to help you out in the time of need..

Yes I know all about the "assume" word.

Good to hear Pattaya is doing well. One of my buddies was there for News Years Eve.

He was also saying things were packed.

He's now back home in Roi Et.

Well go out and keep the cash bins flowing, Support Thailand.555

I'm at the family house and keeping several restaraunts and beer stores happy. :beer::beer:

Archived