Radio Station Frequencies?

Straycat

Ok....radio IS technology smile.gif He, I really couldn't figure out where to post the following question but here it goes.

I just did something I've been thinking about for an eternity in BKK: I bought a radio.

Now, I wonder is there any kind ppl out there that have any recommendations for radio stations available in BKK? Western language stations? And where do I find the BBC? Are there perhaps stations specialized in western rock/pop/hip-hop etc, for example on the AM band? Anything else that is good to know for a non-Thai speaking farang?

Any input very much appreciated (and I thought it would be helpful to archive it here on the board, since a quick search told me this subject has not been up before)

Think it's 95.5

Actually, I'm quite pissed when it comes to radios here in Thailand. I bring my CD/tuner player over. I'm tuning into the radio part of it. My CD player is american dammit. It only hits the odd tenth decimal point. So I get 95.5, but I don't get 103.0

Gawd dammit!!!! There goes half the damn radio stations!!! I just can't tune them in without static!!!!

<<burp>>

Radio Stations in Thailand

===================

94.5 (Love FM)

95.0 (LukTung FM)

95.5 (FM X) is the main English Language station. They have news headlines on the half hour, part of the U&I Group.

105.0 (Smooth FM)

105.5 (Easy FM) is another, also part of the U&I Group. News headlines on the hour.

102.5 (Get) is a Thai/English language station, plays mostly western music.

Can anyone help with the names of the missing stations ? Some of them have webpages and webcasts.

Now - can someone tell me a decent station in Pattaya ???

Cheers!

107 FM has the same kind of music as Smooth 105 during the day, but additionally has BBC news every hour and CNN business minute every hour. In the evening more classical music. Must tune to 105 then.

I have bought a sattelite radio recently, which allows me to listen to BBC radio the whole day. Superb!

Straycat, this question strikes me oddly. Not that it's an odd question, but I never thought of a radio as something requiring a 'guide'. Just switch it on and turn the knob...

I'm not sure how to read this. You take for me an idiot, perhaps?

Anyhow, where I'm from daily newspapers do print guides to radio stations. Moreover, it's not uncommon with commercials for radio stations using different media. -- I guess they should do something better with their money since it's just to "switch it on and turn the knob".

Thanks goes to the others for actually posting useful information.

Archived