Pattaya Round Up

Damen

Diamond :up::up::up::up:

Without a doubt, Diamond was the hottest place in Pattaya during my entire visit. While I suspect that the Bangkok vs Pattaya dance contest they hosted may have had something to do with it, there was an abundance of gorgeous (show) girls there. I hadn’t seen that amount of talent in a single location since LDS was in its prime. Diamond, being a relatively small go-go, gets very crowded which may be a turnoff to some.

Iron :up::up::up::up:

I paid my first visit to Iron and it quickly became a must stop for much of my trip. I like the outfits that the girls wear and quickly hit it off with several of the showgirls there. I barfined a real cutie with a gorgeous face. She proved to be a real winner in the bedroom when I thought that she would be a starfish. I’m guessing that she won’t be around for long she has the Western features that a lot of guys go for and although she denied it, she looks as though she is already being well sponsored with her expensive phone, clothing, jewelry, etc. Anyhow back to the bar, showgirl barfines are 700 baht which are a bit easier to swallow then the 1000 baht some bars try to get. Iron is broken into 3 distinct zones with the regular dancers in front, a Jacuzzi show in the middle and showgirls on the back stage. A nice atmosphere and well appointed, my only complaint about the bar is that it is very narrow. This leads to straining ones neck while looking down the length of the bar at the other stages. It also limits what they can do in terms of seating as most of the seats are uncomfortable stools that line the various stages. Sitting on the outer edges of the stages where there is a lot of foot traffic invariably means that you will be bumped into by passerby’s. Solution….get there early and claim one of the few goods seats

Baccara Pattaya :up::up::up:

Baccara is one of my favorite bars in Bangkok, so I guess it should come as no surprise that I loved the Pattaya version. The design and color scheme is almost identical to its Soi Cowboy counterpart. With the dancing schoolgirls showing there wears upstairs thru the glass ceiling to the comfy seating area, I felt completely at home. A lively crowd with good interaction from the girls on the nights I was there. It was a bit hard to get attention one night when a Japanese guy must have given out 10,000 baht in tips, let alone the couple bottles he had at his table but you can’t begrudge the girls from trying to get the easy money.

Heaven Above :up::up::up:

It appeared as though Heaven Above has made a bit of a comeback. Some good looking girls (although not great) who were lively and dancing during my visit. A good crowd was present during my visit which was the complete opposite the last time I ventured upstairs. My only complaint is the narrow toilet, which in addition to being outside the bar, is almost limited to 1 person at a time unless one is anorexic.

Happy :up::up:

I’m a big Happy supporter but I have to admit that the talent level has dropped quite a bit. I’m not sure if they pulled some of the girls from Happy to go work in the newer Baccara but despite stopping in several nights, I never saw more than 1-2 girls I would consider barfining. That being said, it is still a great place to drink late at night with good music and always a lively crowd. Never pestered for drinks or tips here.

Peppermint :up::up:

Much like Happy, the talent seems to have dropped off at Peppermint but they still have plenty of supporters. A good crowd every night and I’m never bothered for tips or drinks.

Angelwitch :up::up:

Great shows but once you’ve seen them there isn’t much of an attraction for the place. There is very little interaction with the girls and with the exception of the showgirls; I don’t think that you would want to interact with the regular dancing girls anyhow. There is a new showgirl with a great set of legs, ass & face that I would have loved to barfine but could never get her attention :(

Tahitian Queen 1 :up::up:

A nice respite from the glaring sun during midday while in Pattaya. I know that some feel the bar is a bit cliquish due to the regulars who dominate the scene but all in all, they are good guys once you get to know them. Good rock n roll music is a nice change of pace from the techno-dance music that dominates the gogo scene. There are normally a couple of decent looking girls who are worthy of a barfine in the mix, although they have their share of haggard ones too.

Living Dolls I :up:

A good go-go but a notch below those already mentioned. The ventilation seemed to be working better than in the past or maybe there were fewer smokers? I only stopped in once during my visit and there weren’t that many good looking girls but based on previous experience I’m guessing the few that they do have were already barfined.

Shark :up:

I stopped upstairs one evening for a look see because I’ve had good diddling sessions up here in the past. Immediately upon entering I was attacked by a girl as there were not many customers. I ordered a drink and when they brought me 2, I assumed that they were trying to pull some ladydrink scam. Atlas I had wandered in during 2 for 1 drink prices :beer: My attacker proceeded to molest me in ways that will leave me scarred for life, which ultimately earned her several drinks and a barfine :wink: . There were very few girls up here let alone good looking ones but I must say, they were very persuasive.

Airport :up:

I guess in keeping with the security measures imposed by many airlines, the girls at Airport forced me to undergo a complete body search. They seemed particularly interested in what I might be smuggling in my underwear (no doubt related to the recent events involving the underwear bomber). Fortunately they did not subject me to a cavity search. The girls had great attitudes and were a lot of fun but resemble UA attendants more than SQ attendants. Nice uniforms but the décor does seem a bit played out already.

Baby Dolls :up:

I’ve had good luck in finding at least one good looking girl in Babydolls during past visits but this time there was not a single girl who I could bring myself to barfine. Baby Dolls is complete bottom of the barrel, gutter raunch, which makes it fun for at least one visit. The girls here seem to really enjoy their work and encourage customers to participate. Spanking, Jacuzzi shows and all you can eat labia attract a pretty wild crowd that some no doubt, would consider stereotypical Pattaya mongers.

Casanovy

I like the layout of the bar but the girls were nothing to write home about. The air conditioning was not working properly when I stopped in, so I downed my drink and headed for cooler pastures.

Sisterz

A short year ago Sisterz was one of the hottest bars on Walking Street. It’s now just another gogo, possibly worth a visit depending on what time you happen to stop in.

The Sea

Not bad but not great. The Sea much like Sisterz can be fun and have a couple good looking ladies or can be as dead as a doornail. Worth poking your head thru the curtain to see what is going on.

Club Boeche :down:

Club Boeche has always had a few nice looking girls when I visited in the past but it was a complete ghost town when I stopped in during this visit. I went around 9:30pm when the place should be filling up with people and dancers but it was completely dead. I never made it back to see if it was just bad timing on my part. I’ve enjoyed past visits so I hope the bar isn’t completely finished.

Whats Up :down:

Whats up with the mechanical Banana? The interior of this place freaks me out. It’s like a cheesy Las Vegas show lounge meets a Pattaya gogo bar on an acid trip. Or maybe someone spiked my drink before I ventured in. Not my style but YMMV.

Living Dolls Showcase :down::down:

How the mighty have fallen. Always one of my favorite bars, I guess I was in denial about the decline in my recent visits. Well, I can no longer ignore the obvious. This place is a shell of what it once was. Average at best looking showgirls prancing around like their shit doesn’t stink; with what I’m assuming is still a 1000 baht barfine. :( I heard that Ken is selling the place and it is probably the best move as LDS has been living on its reputation for quite some time now. Hopefully the new owners can turn it around.

The Dollhouse :down::down::down:

Stopped in and there were about 4 ugly dancers on stage about the same number of service girls sitting on their ass. I did not see a single customer in the place. Came back several nights later just to make sure and it was the same scene except there were more ugly dancers a 2-3 customers.

Ladys Shadow :down::down::down::down:

A friend who I was with wanted to stop upstairs a take a look at Lady Shadow. Lady Shadow is the new upstairs bar on Walking Street that features the European dancers. Having visited several of the other incarnations of Pattaya Russian clip joints in the past, I was not really interested but relented and went up. After walking in we were approached by a lady who tried to show us to a table. There were a couple of homely looking Russian (possibly Ukrainian?) girls milling about who would do well to lose 15-20 lbs and several sectioned off seating areas with tables, complete with middle eastern men smoking from Hookas. To be honest, the interior of the place was pretty nice. I picked up the drink menu off the table and saw a price of something like 300 baht :rotfl: for a Baccardi and Coke when I burst into laughter and walked out.

Thanks for the great report. I'm suprised you don't like What's Up. I always have a great time there. The only problem is it's always full! Probably the most consistently fun bar I've been in. And no, I'm not associated with it in any way. Just a satisfied customer.

Elroy

I don't recall the exact price of ladydrinks but I know they weren't 240 baht. More in the 150 baht range I think.

For sure the place is more expensive than Happy or Peppermint but if I find something I like I dont mind paying a few more baht.

I can always go to Soi 6 if I'm looking to save a few hundred baht (and do on occasion).

Ironically, one of the girls in Iron bought me a drink my last day at the bar. :beer:

Do give "What's Up" another go. The only time I didn't go in was one night when the music was so fricken loud that it hurt my ears before I even stepped through the door. Farang manager must have stepped out. Otherwise it's always been great. Cheers,

Elroy

Archived