Koh Phi Phi

tartempion

I wonder if you guys ever get beyond Bangkok,Pattaya or Phuket :neener:

Well I spent a week on Koh Phi Phi.

Nice island, clear waters, limestone cliffs, snorkeling, boat trips.

Went there on a one day trip 15 years ago and was impressed by the number and sorts of fish. Promised I would be back one day for a week or so.

But was disappointed snorkeling, where have the fish gone? Tsunami, coral destroyed?

Plenty of yellow/black striped fish, only few other species could be seen and even some snorkeling areas has to swim around to find groups of fish.

January is high season and the place is packed with young tourists, age rarely over 30 :surprised: The only Thais you will see are the working force. Now I was surprised by the sheer number of 10's good looking farang women.

I have not visited a tourist spot anywhere on the planet for the last 10 years, but I still am baffled by the numbers of beauties I witnessed.

Just had to correct my acquired disgust for farang females.

At night, the few streets are packed with tourist having food and I equally was surprised by both seafood places and farang restaurants. Pizza's everywhere at 150 baht, hamburgers for those who can't live without junk food, isaan restaurants serving tom sam and kai yang. We had excellent grilled kungs and barbecue fish, last evening GF chose 6 big shrimps for 1200 baht!

I was charmed to find a place that served spinach ravioli with cream and 3 cheese sauce with many other Italian dishes, there is no equivalent in all of Udon Thani town, I miss such a place.

We booked a nice hotel, room with direct access to swimming pool at 3600 baht/night high season.

I find boat trips expensive: renting a speed boat 1k baht/hour, group excursions on speed boat at 1k baht/4h, long tail boat excursions at 450 thb for 4 hours, rented a private long tail boat for 3 hours, negotiated down from 1600 to 1300 baht.

We got scammed for the express boat Phuket-Phi Phi: paid 600x2 whilst at least twenty travel shops on Phi Phi show rates 350/300. Got a deal at 250 though for our return and paid the ridiculous amount of 2200 baht for return flight Udon-Phuket on Air Asia.

Phi Phi island is certainly worth visiting for a few days, renting a speed boat and long tail or boat tour is a must.

Was in Phi Phi around 94, scuba and good times, loved it. Want to return soon. AND hell fucking yes, I get out of BKK and Pattaya often. :) More than just whores as I always say. May I suggest you learn scuba, 2/3 of the world (or something) is under water...enjoy it all! Limbo On this board can help you!

Archived