Strange (Drugged?) Experience in Soi Cowboy Last Night

Gadfly

I don't question at all drugging happens in the bars more often now when the times are bad for business. My friend had a very similar experience in Country Roads Soi Cowboy but it was years ago. After 3 or 4 beers he suddenly started to feel very wierd and quickly left the bar and what he remembers is that he was struggling to get to his room which located very near. Nothing was stolen when he woke up the next evening still feeling very dizzy.

I think you got to the root of the problem - times are bad. Thais are not making the money they used to.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bar is crowded' date=' somebody could just bump into the server and drop a pill into a beer bottle. Then they watch to see who gets the beer. With this scenario, nobody would suspect them of the crime. Before the target leaves, they could brush by the target, pick their pockets clean, put back a customary 200 or 1000 baht and leave. Who would be the wiser?[/quote']

Man, it seems like you almost know too much about how to do this... almost like you might even have some ... experience? Is there something you'd like to get off your chest?

Anyone have any vague memories of waking up sitting next to Bangkoktraveler?

;)

funny

"...Anyone have any vague memories of waking up sitting next to Bangkoktraveler?..."

Yes, his wife and many other women...and a few Katoeys...or so I heard... :neener::neener::neener::neener::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

I was once in nana disco say mid 2002, had been drinking a bit that night in a couple of nana area haunts, maybe on my fourth beer. I had been in the disco for about 30 minutes when i started to feel woozy. I immediately started to look around and saw a regular. I got her attention and she could tell something was wrong.

I was quickly losing the ability to communicate, slurring, stuttering....she put her arm around me and walked me outside . She proceeded to hail a cab and wisked me away to my golden palace abode. Tucked me in and stayed with me that night.

She woke me up every now and then to see if I was okay and at one point called the office to get a cab to take me to bumrangrad because I was unresponsive. I awoke up and she tipped the cabbie out of her pocket.

Being respectful to the ladies does pay a dividend from time to time. I offered to compensate her for her time but she would have nothing of it.

Whenever I see her I am quick to make sure that I show the proper respect a friend deserves.

This drugging is a nasty business. Take care.

I was once in nana disco say mid 2002, had been drinking a bit that night in a couple of nana area haunts, maybe on my fourth beer. I had been in the disco for about 30 minutes when i started to feel woozy. I immediately started to look around and saw a regular. I got her attention and she could tell something was wrong.

I was quickly losing the ability to communicate, slurring, stuttering....she put her arm around me and walked me outside . She proceeded to hail a cab and wisked me away to my golden palace abode. Tucked me in and stayed with me that night.

She woke me up every now and then to see if I was okay and at one point called the office to get a cab to take me to bumrangrad because I was unresponsive. I awoke up and she tipped the cabbie out of her pocket.

Being respectful to the ladies does pay a dividend from time to time. I offered to compensate her for her time but she would have nothing of it.

Whenever I see her I am quick to make sure that I show the proper respect a friend deserves.

This drugging is a nasty business. Take care.

I bumped into one of my old girlfriends one night. She could just barely stand up. Got her to a taxi and took her to my place. By the time we got to my place, she was almost out. Got her upstairs and into bed. She was out for a day.

So I guess Thais even drug other Thais.

A friend from Cal was in BKK about a year ago and had an issue. He took a chick back to his room that he had met on the street near Silom. She asked a friend to join them for a beer during which they drugged him and literally cleaned out his room-Computer camera everythig but the cash in his pocket. I guess they did not want to roll him over..

Caveat Emptor :)

He was stupid yes Yes. It happens every night. In over twenty years of living in BKK/Thailand I have never had a problem of any consequence except for the 2 gatoey that attacked me out on sukumvit past soi 23 maybe 10 years ago - I put one downbut took a few hits and kept going...such is life.

I fly back after 3 months in the USA tomorrow. This makes me happy. :)

Archived