Tohsang-Khongjiam Resort / Ubon

buffalo_bill

Bretheren ,

searching for a decent retreat in safe distance from the Big City :shhh: I came across the following property close to the arse of the earth and border Lao . Though there is an airport .

http://www.thailandhotels.org/isan/Tohsang-Khongjiam-Resort-and-Spa-detail-khongjiam.html

Target is far away from Ubon which as such seems to have nothing on offer :shakehead but as it is for 2 days only I hope to survive in dignity . Driving force is not on the cultural side anyway :hmmm:

Does anybody know this place ?

• 2 weeks later...

During my explorations of Isaan last year I stopped in Khong Jiam (twice). Didn't actually stay at Tohsang resort, but I did stop there just to check it out. The rooms, especially the ones overlooking the river, were every bit as nice as in the photos, the resort is beautifully landscaped and the manager was quite friendly.

I hope they provide meals though, because there is bugger all in terms of food availability in that town. There is an interesting rock temple above the town.

jai dee ,

thank you for your comment . I studied your trip report and like yourself I enjoy casual travelleing through the Isaan very much , I would in fact never exchange a week travelling up North against a week in a 5 star resort on Koh Bullshit . One of the finest things on earth is a decent dinner loking upon the quietly moving Mekong ; in fact I believe the river has been invented for this very purpose . Needs a sweet companion of course :up: .

The place runs at least one decent restaurant and if not I go fishing .

cheers and thanks again

• 4 weeks later...

In case anybody seeking a romantic retreat away from the Big City this place is highly recommended . One hour by car from Udon Airport via amazingly good roads , airlines are Air Asia , NOK and Thai . Nothing much to be done in the area except a national park with 4000 years old cliff paintings but who cares anyway .

A great place to share with the loved one(s) .

Archived