Stickman

checkbin

Stickman broke the cardinal rule of writing with his last weekly column "know your audience" which Stickman is rapidly loosing. For example if I read gun magazines I don't want to read articles on the evils of gun ownership and how all guns should be banned or if I read christian themed magazines I don't want to read articles that Christ is a fraud and Islam is the only true religion. A debate about banning prostitution does not belong on a site that both advertises and promotes the bar industry in LOS.

Stick's column was written with all the fervor of a born again evangelist. Unfortunately he was not preaching to the converted. The debate will rage on forever. Personally if I want to read article about the evils of prostitution, I will go somewhere else. Meanwhile Stick make up your mind about how you will theme your column as you are loosing readership (and advertisers) from both sides of the aisle.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Stickman's losing readership in droves, but more like the total opposite -- I think he's higher these days than he's ever been.

Doesn't bother me that he goes on the occassional rant against prostitution. What does bug me is if he just goes on and on about how bad business is in the bars these days and doesn't try at all to talk to someone other than bar owners and get a different angle on the scene or more customer-oriented (and interesting) stories. I mean, getting the bar owner perspective can be interesting now and then, but not as a rule, and esp not when it's all just about how bad business is sucking. BORING. Anyway, despite his opinion, he still puts plenty enough in the column to keep 'em coming back. Including me.

No question that the Stick and his site are doing fine. I doubt his current rant, to which I concur, will cost him readership anymore than some of his previous columns, which irked a few but didn't dimished his following.

If...the Thai's actually enforced the laws (unlikely, too much money in graft) and shut down all the high profile Western and Thai bar areas, there of course will still be many women available but not as blatantly. Prostitution is everywhere in Asia and that's not going to change, but it is more subtle in other areas. If Thailand were to enforce the law it might lure a better class of tourists..unlike many I see in Pattaya...who will still seek and enjoy the ladies.

No question that the Stick and his site are doing fine. I doubt his current rant, to which I concur, will cost him readership anymore than some of his previous columns, which irked a few but didn't dimished his following.

Agree. In fact it might make his site more interesting. Kinda fun watching someone who disapproves of prostitution write about it every week. :D

<

"It is better to cast your seed in the belly of a whore than to spill it on the ground.">>

Yes, but what was excised from the Bible was the following scripture...

"Because yea, it is disgusting in the Lord's eyes to see cum on the ground...at least wipe it up, couldn't you...cause that's just icky. And on the 8th day, the Lord created tissues..."

That is one fucked up book!

No question that the Stick and his site are doing fine. I doubt his current rant' date=' to which I concur, will cost him readership anymore than some of his previous columns, which irked a few but didn't dimished his following.

[/quote']

Agree. In fact it might make his site more interesting. Kinda fun watching someone who disapproves of prostitution write about it every week. :D

Run of the mill Madonna/Whore complex. A guy is drawn to women who are perceived as virtuous and 'good', but what he gets off on of course, are the whores.

It does make life interesting.

In how many European countries is prostitution legal? What are the Russian, Khazak etc hookers doing in Asia? In the UAE? I'd only been in Oz a day or two before I was accosted by a Strine hooker. Why the hang up with Thais?

For the record, the early visitors to Ayutthaya always commented that the Burmese and Chinese women were the hookers. So were the Farangs mia nois.

p.s. Anyone meet a Thai hooker in Cambodia? In Vietnam?

Haha, finding a Thai hooker in Cambodia would be like finding a white US hooker working in Mexico...ain't gonna happen.

That said, the long tradition of Thai-on-Thai prostitution is undeniable, and THAT is the foundation upon which the (much smaller in terms of numbers but undeniably more baht-generating) farang-oriented sex work industry has grown up on.

A little while back I was riding in the back of a sorgtau in Pattaya and overheard a group of middle-aged Thai ladies talking .Stopping opposite where several girls were loitering on Beach Road one of the ladies remarked " they go for 500 Bt " in a way that made it obvious that it was the price not the activity that she found distastefull.....says a lot about the attitude to p4p in LOS.... :)

Archived