The caged agony of Britains Hannibal

spirit_of_town_hall

I have ZERO sympathy for the guy. The guy can't commit another crime because he is kept in isolation. :doah:

Jack Henry Abbott (January 21, 1944 – February 10, 2002) was an American criminal and author. He was released from prison in 1981 after gaining praise for his writing and being lauded by a number of high-profile literary critics, including author Norman Mailer. Six weeks after his release, however, he fatally knifed a man during an altercation, was convicted of manslaughter and returned to prison, where he committed suicide in 2002.

Wouldn't say I feel sorry for him, but 25 years in solitary is a lot.

Where I used to work there was one who did over 20 years ("solitary" - we called it management) they moved him to a less regimented unit, he fucked up again and went back.. Last I heard he was back in the less restricted "mainstream" unit, he has a massive price on his head.

Another (Victoria's first serial killer) has been locked up almost 40 years, a lot of that in management, albeit years ago...

This UK prisoner has prooved he knows how to kill, in and out of jail. Whoever makes the call to send him to a normal unit would be taking a big risk. And the more publicity he gets, the more likely some other prisoner would attack him... and its guaranteed if he does fuck up, the decision maker would never ever be enigible for promotion etc again...

Hi,

"The guy can't commit another crime because he is kept in isolation."

Exactly! That argument that he hasn't killed in 20+ years is totally useless as he's not had the opportunity to kill in all those years. No telling how many he would have killed if he had been in general population.

Then again, maybe he should be put into a prison wing with lots of sex offenders :devil:

Sanuk!

It did make me think. That's a kind of living death where he is but he's obviously a very dangerous person.

I notice the people he killed were sex-offenders....don't know if that makes a difference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Maudsley

I think its the manner he kills in, eating part of his BRAIN!!!Jesus keep him locked up on his own until he dies.

All this bollocks about an abused childhood, they all play that card.

Archived