Philippines vs Thailand

Wallenda

Thailand wins hands down over the Philippines in almost every respect.

The only exception is if you're specifically looking to marry a (bar)girl and take her back to your home country. Filipinas are genuinely desperate to find a husband and escape -- most Thai girls prefer to stay in Thailand and just string you (and other sponsors) along.

Angeles City is no Pattaya -- the active area is much smaller. I'd guess Patteaya has 2 or 3 times more girls. Moreover, Angeles only has agogo bars, while Pattaya has a huge diversity of venues: the beach, walking street, agogos, beer bars... even FamilyMart (had a ST with a cashier once).

Beyond Angeles, there are few spots. Manila is a huge place. L.A. Cafe is just about the size of Gullivers (add up Soi 5 and KSR branches). Bars are apparently expensive (it's a Catholic country, it takes more money to suppress the outrage). Sebang (a small diving town) has ~30 girls, I imagine all tourists spots do.

Philippines is visibly and disturbingly unsafe. If you grew up in Kenya or Oakland, CA that may be fine with you, but it's not for those with weak stomach. I heard of scams in PI that just don't happen in Thailand (e.g. while with a girl, her underage partner knocks on your door, with police following 3 min later, pay $3000 to get out). In PI the poor are desperate kind, in Th they generally smile and accept their station in life.

I might have agreed about the Thais wanting to stay until recently, say the last few years but I had made a fatal miscalculation. I had not accounted for the western income from minimum wage jobs (about £1000 a month in the UK) and contrasted that directly to the P4P income.

Essentially, shag one bloke a month for Bt55,000 or shag a load of them for Bt55,000 if you are lucky. Plus, going abroad probably means some sinsot, some gold and some cash to mama and the outlaws etc. Loads of kudos as well.

What I'm seeing is girls only wanting to go to countries where the first out of their group has gone. So if you have 6 girls, all very good mates, and 2 go to the UK, then they all want to go to the UK, not to USA or whatever. Doesn't matter much who with either. Work for some time, live better than hooking back in LOS and getting decent money (for Thailand).

Without those two arguments, I agree that Thais would rather stay in LOS but the income argument is highly valid and proven in girls I know as is the mass migration.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a bit off-topic, but my Flip ex-wife finally got her US passport today. She already has a valid British passport from a previous marriage, but can't use it to enter the US anymore since her naturalization.

I asked her if her Filipino passport was still valid, and she said no. So I asked if it was because the Philippines doesn't recognize dual citizenship and again she said no, "They don't recognize divorce! Do you think Filipino guys all screw around like they do just because it's their nature?" To which I replied, "Yes." She said, No, they can't get divorced!"

She did somehow manage to get her last Flip passport shortly after we were married, though, under her former married name. We were going to Argentina at the time and her UK passport wasn't good enough (or maybe she needed a visa) because of a recent tiff over the Falklands.

Damn I'm old.

I might have agreed about the Thais wanting to stay until recently... the income argument is highly valid and proven in girls I know as is the mass migration.

Sure, a fair number of Thai bargirls would temporarily immigrate given a chance to squeeze some bloke for sin sot, and work for a few years abroad at (what they see as) huge salary. All with a view of going back to Thailand as soon as they get the money.

However, I think Filipinas would genuinely want to escape, go anywhere else with almost anyone, and not turn back (except for occasionally sending money to the family, and possibly visiting for a week in a year or two).

Look at the middle-class: I know 3 Thai girls studying/working abroad, and none of them want to stay there. Of all the Filipinas I know (~5-6), none would prefer staying/returning to PI, even if they had some money.

Seems most board members prefer Thailand over the Philippines considering safety and security, food and a broader variety of the scene. I too definitely prefer to reside in Thailand. Nevertheless, the PI have their particular charm.

A friend of mine (33 years quite good looking) came to Pattaya to spend X-mas and New Year with his sponsored darling just to find out that he wasn’t her only and more importantly not the main sponsor. Being on his own again in mid of December his holiday turned sour as he could not get a nice girl willing to stay with him long time over the festivities. Pattaya girls have gone pretty hardcore these days and it isn’t easy to find a cute nice one, especially during peak season. New places like Iron on Walking Street feature sexy girls and shows but try to barfine one for long time. Wish you Good luck!! There also has been a significant surplus on punters, so even at the freelance places he has been quoted ridiculous prices (2500 and more) or only offered a short time (when you finish I go….). Finally we decided to have a trip to Angeles on December 24th til January 2. It couldn’t be worse we thought.

And we have been right! Despite many girls (40%) being at home during x-mas and New Year, there was still an immense surplus of pussy (5:1 at least). The bars weren’t packed and we loved the relaxing atmosphere. No super loud techno or hip hop shit, friendly staff and if you buy a lady a drink she will sit with you as long as you want. No hassle on prices, it is package you pay (between 1200 and 1500 in most places) and the gal always stays long time. Thai girls might be prettier in general (if you prefer slim bodies) but the PI girls are definitely younger, less tattoos and way friendlier. Angeles is ideal if you go there to experience a GFE as it used to be possible in Thailand 10 years ago. I definitely will go back as I am bored the hardened Thai scene. Too many girls have tattoos, do short time only and/or have this ugly curly dyed hair these days.

I lived in the Philippines for 9 years (Manila) and have visited Angeles many times. Angeles is basically one street (Fields) with a bit of night life short distance up some side streets. My biggest complaint about AC is the lack of many good restaurants. The Blue Moon is the best, but a long way from the bar area. The rest of the food places are just not that good IMHO.

I believe that Thai women are not as childish, more willing, and bolder than the Filipina. Quite often the pretty Flip girls will want the lights off and are shy about showing their body. Most don't have a "wild streak" and just aren't as "willing". If you like massages, it just doesn't have the same as in Thailand. Only a few and in AC they are either lousy or very expensive

If I was going to the Philippines, I would go to Cebu instead of Angeles. Not as many women available (only 1000 or so) but it does have go-go and beer bars and you have the beach, great freelancer bars and a much friendlier atmosphere.

I personally prefer Thailand (used to be Jakarta but no more). Pattaya is wonderful and if you're going solely for mongering and on a budget, can't think of anyplace better.

I now only go to Bangkok because of the great restaurants which are among the best anywhere.

Good Luck on your decision and let us know how it goes for you.

OK I have to say, last night I went and googled Angeles bars photos... the results were (literally) not pretty. What I see in pics, consistently, are a whole lot of 5s and 6s, generally a few yrs older than what we're used to seeing on stages in Bangkok at least. If I went all the way to the Philippines, got there and sat down at a table in some Angeles bar, and that's what I saw lined up in front of me, my first thought would be "what a waste of a trip this was". What I'm seeing, I have to say, is lower quality. I haven't spotted a single photo yet that can compete with what's typically on offer at Rainbow 4 or Baccara. And then Bangkok also has the gentleman clubs and coyotes, so... unless I'm missing something, looks like Angeles is the place for cheap unattractive girls who are a bit older than what's typically on offer in Thailand.

The food in Pattaya is surely better than in Angeles, nevertheless the quality and variety improved significantly since my last visit back in 2003 and today there are quite some decent restaurants around…The Italian above Lancelot, a Mexican, a Swiss, a good restaurant in ABC Hotel and even a good and cheap Thai restaurant up on Perimeter.

Girls are in average definitely younger than their sisters in Thailand. I would say over 50% are 20 years old or younger. As I said before I also prefer the slim bodies of Thai girls but many guys appreciate the little more curvy Filipinas. It just depends on individual taste. If it comes to sex my experience is that it really comes down to the individual girl you barfine.

I had top performers and starfishes in both countries; also wouldn’t say that Filipinas are shyer than Thais. Again what I like most about AC is the laid back atmosphere, no hassle and less mercenary attitudes of the girls. Taking several girls from one bar has never been an issue in AC while in Thailand it often ends in drama. Another plus are the punters, hardly any Arabs, Indians and Russians who swarming Pattaya these days.

The biggest back draw is that AC has really nothing except gogo bars…no beer bars or big freelance scene and no beach. So after a week it might become a little boring there.

The other thing about Angeles (if you're a drinker) is that there is no closing time. Some gogos are open 24 hours a day! Mind you the 8am shift ain't much to look at.

One other thing about Angeles is that all girls are covered up (apart from at certain private parties), and they all seem to wear two pairs of knickers. Apparently nudity is a big no-no in PI, and bars can be closed permanently for infringement. I know it's the same in Thailand, but 'tea money' can forgive many things.

I've copped heaps in the past for saying this on T360, but I find many Filipinas to be a little TOO down-to-earth at times. Example conversation from a couple of nights back:

F1 - 'I just farted - you make me do that, you know' accompanied by laughter

Gobble - 'Thats good to know - which convent did you say you graduated from in PI, darling ?'

Its all good, but I'm rarely confronted with that level of detail in my post-coital conversations - YMMV.

I would say over 50% are 20 years old or younger.

Well for some reason, no photos of any of these 20 yrs or younger girls seem to exist, not that can be found in google search anyway (reminds me of Bigfoot). What I do see is lineup after lineup of older unattractive girls. Maybe all these 19 yr olds just look older than their age, and are all unattractive. If so, then I've seen many photos of them. Actually what jumps out at you looking at photo after photo is how there can be so many unattractive girls all collected together. I guess it's possible these pix are misleading, but... I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have such difficulty finding hotties if I looked up Bangkok gogo or Pattaya gogo. On another forum, I go look in the photo gallery for Philippines -- same story. One after another. The uncute. No hotties.

Archived