Philippines vs Thailand

Wallenda

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only time I've seen PI presented in a favourable light was actually a story where they were trying to show the 'evils' of sex tourism. They managed to find a couple of reasonably attractive guys in their early 40s with two good looking Filipinas, and it looked like the GFE to die for - cruising through serene waterways, tropical scenery in the background etc. The girls were laughing, the guys were saying stuff like 'why would we stay at home with the same woman for 30 years when we can come here ?' - not sure it was quite what the producers wanted ....

Anyway, Asia is old news. Learn enough Spanish to make a fortnight in Brazil bearable and write a trip report for the rest of us :)

Italian, Spanish, Portuguese are all Latin languages and are quite similar...After I worked in Italy for three years, I knew a bit of Italian so when I returned to work in San Diego I could quack-quack a bit using Italian with the Mexicans and it was good enough that I argued with them over a money issue and I got my money back!!!

Italian also worked in Portugal.

I like Manila.

Although I don't like Filipino food, the Continental stuff, especially the Spanish, is great.

Lots of golf there too, to keep you busy during the day. Bring your clubs.

Sure, the bar scene at P. Burgos is expensive, but that scene is minuscule compared to what's available elsewhere in Metro Manila, or anywhere in the country, for that matter!

Cav, that is a good point about Latin, not many schools teach it nowadays but it does help tremendously with a lot of other languages. Unfortunately they did'nt teach it at the crap school I went too :(

Simie.

I had to learn Latin too, but it didn't help during the years I had private teachers in Japanese.

But of course, if you need to learn/speak French, Spanish, English, Italian, German e.g. it helps tremendously, especially with the grammar.

Archived