Philippines vs Thailand

Wallenda

I'm a bit sketchy on the scene in the Philippines, though I've heard that Angeles is the main foreigner-oriented destination. Anyway, in Thailand I know the overall scene is vast, with a widespread sector catering to natives and also a sector catering to foreigners (which is far bigger than anything like it elsewhere in teh world, correct me if that's wrong).

The huge spots in Thailand for foreigners are Bangkok (NEP, SC and Patpong for gogos, massage places citywide, freelance bars, beer bars, discos, etc etc etc) and Pattaya (same type venues). There's also a bit of action in places like Phuket, Samui and Chiang Mai, and with some digging can be found almost anywhere, though mostly in the for-locals sector.

In Philippines, all I know about is Angeles. It seems as if go-gos are the thing there. I'm not sure what else the scene is comprised of. What would a paragraph like the one above look like for the Philippines?

If I made a rough guesstimate of total numbers in Thailand -- for the part of the scene available to foreigners -- I'd say it might be somewhere around 10,000 girls. (number taken directly from my ass -- feel free to fine-tune it)

So what about Philippines? In terms of total numbers, how would it compare? And I'm talking about readily available working girls that are at some kind of venue where sex is for sale -- not picking up shop assistants or whatever.

One huge advantage of how it is in Thailand is that there are very condensed areas (NEP, SC, PP) that have all the bars together within quick walking distance of each other. The big problem in other countries is that they're spread out and just a few girls in each place, so basically you don't get nearly the selection you do in Thailand, but also it's far more difficult to find hot girls. You go into a place and it's full of 5's and 6's. Not thrilled, you head out for the next place which takes 20 minutes to get to, walk in the door and it's 4's to 6's. Compare to Bangkok where you can walk into Baccara or Rainbow 4 and immediately look up at the stage to see 20 8's and 9's. Or go into a mega-massage place and see a fishbowl with 100 girls in it. (btw, I know Angeles has the bars condensed together -- but how many --and Angeles is just one place, Thailand has a few)

I've been to Phnom Penh a few times, and to be honest, I'd say if you took all the places in Phnom Penh (which are spread out) and put them together on one soi in Bangkok, it would be #4 or possibly #3 ahead of Patpong in terms of quality available. Most times when I go to PP, at some point I think, this is miserable, I gotta get back to Thailand where there's more girls available. Just too hard to find hotties.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wendella, being married I'm not as in touch with the scene as I once was so others would be better placed to give you accurate figures. But you did say girls available to farangs so even in Bangkok I'd say the figure is well over 10,000. You not only have Cowboy, Pat Pong and NEP but all the freelancers in Sukhumvit and other areas. All the beer bar type bars plus of course a huge number of massage places from one shop units to huge soapies all over Bangkok.

Then if you look at Pattaya and include all the beer bars and non agogo shop unit type bars in Pattaya, Naklua, Jomtien and over the dark side the other side of Sukhumvit plus all the massage places large and small, then thats probably about 2,000 bars. That would be 10,000 girls even if the average per bar was only 5 girls and it would likely be higher than that. And of course even if the average was only 10 girls that would be 20,000 girls. Then theres the agogos, probably about at least 70 of them now. If you say 20 to 100 girls per bar and say an average of 40 or 50 per bar then thats another say 3,000/3,500.

Simie.

I've only been to the Manila a couple of times for a few days at a time so I can't comment on Angeles City but I do know that Manila's night life was very limited, very pushy for ladies drinks and very expensive. Also Manila is a dump and very limited in terms of anything else to do.

If one just wants a cheap shag then perhaps AC is the place to go but if you want a bit more than that out of your visit to SE Asia, especially when you've probably flown many thousands of miles to get there, then I don't think the Phillipines is a patch on Thailand.

However that's just MHO.

I also have never been there but done a lot of research on the PI. For me it keeps coming back to one thing I always seem to hear, crime. Most people say you have to be very careful there (I know you can get robbed in LOS too) but I feel relatively safe in LOS.

I think another large nightlife area is Cebu. I've read a lot of stories several threads on this board about PI girls. Same as TGs some very good some very bad.

For now I'm sticking with LOS!

Again I'm no PI expert

S1

I have been in Angeles in November and a farang manager told me that there are around 15,000 girls regsitered in Angeles.

It is much more difficult to get reliable numbers about Pattaya as girls don't have an ID like they do in Angeles and the freelance scene is huge and steadily growing. I remember that some newspaper articles back in 2002/2003 quoted the number of working girls during high season to be ~45,000. If this number was roughly true it will near 60,000 these days.

However, you have to also to consider that Pattaya has at least 30 times more visitors than Angeles.......

Archived