Cameras...Bask Camera reputable?

rookie

I've been looking Canon's new D10 (waterproof) camera. All local shops are asking 13.9k-Bt, yet have none in stock, except Bask Camera, in BKK, which has it for 10.7k-Bt. http://www.bask1.com/

Found their website...but their phone the disconnected, but there is a mobile number on the site. Contacted them by mobile and was told they have them in stock and

I can either pick up or they will ship EMS to me in Pattaya.

Due to the disconnected phone I'm leery about paying in advance and having them ship, yet hate to travel all the way from Pattaya to their shop, north of Don Muang.

[color:blue]Has anyone previously dealt with this shop?? Or, does EMS allow COD shipments?[/color]

thanks...

May well be fine but check the box for country information if it's important to you. I bought a Nikon D40 after shopping around. Found it 3k cheaper at a place in Seacon square. Only thing is its a Japanese market model, no English manual but available on the web and no firmware updates unless you do it in Japanese. Other than that it's great and given I'm no great photographer I'm happy with both the camera and the saving I made.

Addendum...

I didn't buy a Canon D1 from Bask Camera [still looking], nor would I recommend them!

Called them on their cell; confirmed the price. I was to meet 'Boon'...not at the store, but a location within the Don Muang airport.! Later got a call from 'Boon', telling me their price has since increased and the camera was now 1,000-Bt more than initially discussed.

Forget Bask Camera!

I cannot say whether they are truthful, unethical, or scam artists as I canceled the purchase and my trip to BKK. I'll pay more in Pattaya, but at least I'll have a known shop should I ever have any camera problems.

They sound very dodgy. :down:

I was in Bkk at the beginning of December and went to MBK with a mate to help him choose a zoom lens for his Nikon DSLR and there's an outfit there who were very good, with knowledgeable staff, but I can't remember their name (they had 2 shops on different levels, one selling used and one selling new gear).

Actually they were called Foto File.

Post addendum...;-)

I did a boring R/T bus trip to Pantip and bought a Canon D10 and the included 2GB card for 11.3K-Bt. That was the (firm) price of most shops in Pantip.

Ironically, even the branches of same shops in Pattaya, who all had the camera priced at 13.9K-Bt, were offering it for 11.3K-Bt at Pantip.

Lesson learned: While Pattaya BG's are less expensive than in BKK, cameras in BKK are less expensive than in Pattaya. :D

Archived