Willing Doctor?

hyaehus

Anyone know a doctor near Sukhumvit who doesn't mind prescribing upon request?

I have a friend who is a great guy who life hasn't treated so well, war vet, decorated, and he was using the drug Vioxx for sinus (blames agent orange in Nam) and Merck had to take it off the market. Says its the only thing that helped enough relieve him.

The replacement drug ( pretty certain available in LOS ) is called Rofecoxib.

Its not available in the USA.....and not used for any purpose of getting high or any other addictive purpose.

I would like to bring some back for him. Will be in Bangkok for almost a month in March.

There is someone with a name identical to mine (no not me) except for middle initial was stopped some years ago with drugs entering the USA in NYC. Most of the time when I go through customs, my bags are searched and sniffed.

If I can get a prescription for the pills from a doctor, the pills can go through providing there is no more than a three month supply......

Anyone know a doctor who is interest enough in the fee to not care about the prescription?

I haven't promised anything, or even mentioned I might get some, just trying to help a friend.

I would take the previous suggestion a step farther. I'll bet ya, before you ask 3 pharmacist they will sell it on request.

I have some experience with one pharmacist on Soi 23, just farther into the soi, than Cowboy, that will provide just about anything (controlled opiates), for a good price and small profit.

Not sure it is illegal. I believe Merck voluntarily withdrew it from the market worldwide (not just US), which makes me wonder what version is being supposedly sold in Thailand? An Indian knockoff?

TH

My understanding is almost the same, as you stated. A friend of mine used VIOXX and it helped.

How can it be legal in the USA ?

Merck, only was licensed, to market it in the USA and withdrew it, worldwide. Can not be the Merck product, unless very old stock (been off the market for 4 or 5 years maybe longer).

So, if not licensed or an Indian or Chinese knockoff, its not legal.

Can you imagine, if the guy had a heart attack and died, after all the press and law suits already. "hyaehus" the original poster, would be in serious shit. The guys family, would have a great court case.

So my answer to the original thread, really does not matter if you have a script from a Thai doctor.

Archived