Run Sarah run...

chuckwoww

I think Palin really is an outsider to some extent and has been the recipient of (unwelcome) hostility by established media. (Wasn't talking about Chuck btw, I make Palin jokes too, though they are becoming a bit cliched).

So, she's an interesting phenomenon and a tough woman. Her politics suck, but we'll see what happens.

It's interesting to see that the "the media" are still being blamed. During the whole election campaign she never ever went to a political talk show or something similar. She gave only one real interview outside Fox which was a disaster for her. She tried to shut out the MSN completely and she is still not talking to the media outside Fox.

If she can't stand the heat she should stay out of the kitchen.

On the other hand Fox as the leading channel is promoting her with no end. And all other media are reporting every sentence she is writing on her Facebook page.

It's quite interesting to see how Palin plays the media and at the same time paints herself as a victim of the MSN.

IMHO she is stupid in the sense that she hasn't a gasp of the complexity of the world and she even doesn't know the basic facts about the USA and the rest of the world. But on the other hand she is extremely clever in playing the complex field of US politics. She seems to be a natural talent in regard to this.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm empathetic to her rejection of MSM. Good for her. There is an 'insider's club' in the US, and she wasn't favored by them or something out of their playbook.

C'mon, the ridiculous scrutinizing of her family, mannerisms, (and a boatload of other things) all in the name of ridicule and condescension is a bit much. And I don't mean here... our job as good citizens is to ridicule our politicians, damn right, but the media is different.

No she isn't a sophisticated intellectual, but neither are the vast majority of our politicians and any of them could be tripped up on rote memorization of historical/geographical facts if any given reporter set out with that intent.

When I see self-proclaimed political experts like Matt Damon making these anti-Palin youtube videos for mass consumption I think it's laughable and pathetic. And a little bit mean.

Like I said, there's little I agree with Palin on but she has slowly earned my respect as a person. I can't stand her positions. But if she gives media outlets the proverbial finger every now and then... hey.

It's not hard to imagine the Palin presidency. She's for smaller government so presumably that means less social programs. She supports health care deregulation and tort reform. She's pro-life. She'll cut back on government spending (except for defense of course). She'll probably bomb Iran which could well mean $10 gallon gasoline. Of course she may not get things all her own way in Washington. Gridlock is the name of the game there. And by the time she gets there she'll be in hock to special interests anyway.

she had her 15 minutes of fame , now she is just squeezing drips from an old mans cock ( republicans). She may have some appeal to " joe the Plummer " types , but when it was all said and done , even her trailer park trash party couldn't stop a black dude from taking the top seat.

Fuck her :wanker:

:beer:

Sarah Palin Needs Help

by Nate Silver @ 9:19 AM

There's something which, if you've ever been in the business of trying to sell consulting services, you've probably grown accustomed to. It's what I call the "consulting paradox". Namely, it's the idea that the people who are most in need of help are often the least aware of it. Indeed, the range of potential clients who (i) aren't smart enough to solve all their own problems and (ii) are smart enough to know it ... is generally very narrow.

Sarah Palin needs help. So does almost every politician -- but Palin needs it more than most. She is young. She is inexperienced. She's not especially well connected. She's strong-willed and a little impulsive. And call me a hater, but the woman just ain't that bright.

Full article at: FiveThirtyEight.com

Palin's popularity tells me more about the Republican party and conservatives than anything else.

Her being one of the front runners for the party just reinforces why I will stay clear of the GOP.

Jindal of Lousiana is a smart guy who deserves a look and there are a few others but the religioius faction and Palin lovers scares me about the party.

Archived