Run Sarah run...

chuckwoww

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Palin for me personally is unique in that I really don't agree with much of her platform (leaning towards military action with Iran specifically) -- but I find the criticism of her to be so hysterical and without merit that part of me has started to cheer her on.

These people that hate and condemn her, do they really know why... or have they just been spoon-fed this snide view and adopted it? I'm waiting for a good case to be made that warrants the shit slung. So far it's just... whatever.

People like Bush/Cheney on the right and Edwards on the left disturb me a lot more than Palin.

I don't think she would be electable as POTUS (but, shit, what do I know), however, she has energized a significant chunk of the population. Good for her.

I like what Salon writer Camille Paglia had to say in this excerpt on Palin (taken from Q/A with readers): Link :

"I too have been repulsed by the elitist insults flung at Sarah Palin in the massive, coordinated media effort to destroy her. Hence I have been thoroughly enjoying the way that Palin, despite all the dirt thrown at her by liberal journalists and bloggers, keeps bouncing back as if unscathed. No sooner did the gloating harpies of the Northeastern media think they had torn her to shreds than she exploded into number one on Amazon.com with a memoir that hadn't even been printed yet! With each one of these amusing triumphs, Palin is solidifying her status as a bona fide American cultural heroine.

Yes, the snobbery about Palin's five colleges is especially distasteful, given the Democratic party's supposed allegiance to populism. Judging by the increasingly limited cultural and factual knowledge of graduates of elite schools whom one encounters working in the media, blue-chip sheepskins aren't worth the parchment they're printed on these days. Young people forced through the ruthlessly competitive college admissions rat race have the independence and creativity pinched right out of them. Proof? Where are the major young American artists, writers, critics or movie-makers of the past 20 years? The most adventurous and enterprising minds have gone into high tech. We're in a horrendous cultural vacuum because our status-besotted education industry is geared toward producing not original thinkers but docile creatures of the system."

God damn right. :)

Sarah P does not belong to the "in group" of women politicians. She is not from the right background either. If her name were something like Sarah Kennedy, no one would joke about her "qualifications".

Frankly, I think she is a dingbat and her family are the real life counterparts of "Married With Children". But would anyone dare treat Sarah P as they do if she belonged to an ethnic or racial minority? Bet your sweet patootie they wouldn't!

Sarah Palin Needs Help

by Nate Silver @ 9:19 AM

There's something which, if you've ever been in the business of trying to sell consulting services, you've probably grown accustomed to. It's what I call the "consulting paradox". Namely, it's the idea that the people who are most in need of help are often the least aware of it. Indeed, the range of potential clients who (i) aren't smart enough to solve all their own problems and (ii) are smart enough to know it ... is generally very narrow.

Sarah Palin needs help. So does almost every politician -- but Palin needs it more than most. She is young. She is inexperienced. She's not especially well connected. She's strong-willed and a little impulsive. And call me a hater, but the woman just ain't that bright.

Full article at: FiveThirtyEight.com

[color:red]She is a quitter[/color] and after she quit the governorship, she claimed she was going [color:red]'rogue'[/color].

So far, she hasn't come up with anything worth repeating.

Ok...first off, Americans could give a shit about issues, it is all about image and sound bites.

Palin is most likely every bit as dumb as she is given credit for...maybe even dumber. She has a degree in what? broadcast journalism? in short she was trained to be a weather girl, a fluff, a talking head...that is her strong point as it was Regan's, and she is no Ronald Regan. He sucked as well, and was not very bright either. To be fair, Carter IS VERY bright, but he sucked as a president...

As for the scrutiny Palin's family was put under, fair is fair...the right wingers bashed the shit out of Jamie Lyn Spears (Brittney's slut sister) when she got knocked up, then cried foul when the left took Palin to task on it. The right was all over the the Spears family blaming the shit job they did raising their kids, but when Palin slut daughter got knocked up, it was "a private family matter...and we shouldn't comment on it..."

Sarah is supposedly a hockey mom who supports traditional family values...ah, excuse me Barbie but who is raising your kids, especially the special needs one while you are out doing all this politicing? and when was the last time you actually went to a kids hockey game?

Fuck the right and their hypocritical bullshit, as well as fuck the left and their's...

As for Sarah, fuck her too. The sad part is, so many Americans are so extremely stupid as to ignore their own self interests, and vote for the image of "real American..." and all that crap. Palin will fuck them just like any other politician, maybe worse...and of course there is also that whole weird christian extremist thing and talking in tongues...

McCain and or his handlers created a monster with this bitch, and sadly she will be taken seriously by people who vote, and that is scary.

Ok...first off, Americans could give a shit about issues, it is all about image and sound bites.

Palin is most likely every bit as dumb as she is given credit for...maybe even dumber. She has a degree in what? broadcast journalism? in short she was trained to be a weather girl, a fluff, a talking head...that is her strong point as it was Regan's, and she is no Ronald Regan. He sucked as well, and was not very bright either. To be fair, Carter IS VERY bright, but he sucked as a president...

As for the scrutiny Palin's family was put under, fair is fair...the right wingers bashed the shit out of Jamie Lyn Spears (Brittney's slut sister) when she got knocked up, then cried foul when the left took Palin to task on it. The right was all over the the Spears family blaming the shit job they did raising their kids, but when Palin slut daughter got knocked up, it was "a private family matter...and we shouldn't comment on it..."

Sarah is supposedly a hockey mom who supports traditional family values...ah, excuse me Barbie but who is raising your kids, especially the special needs one while you are out doing all this politicing? and when was the last time you actually went to a kids hockey game?

Fuck the right and their hypocritical bullshit, as well as fuck the left and their's...

As for Sarah, fuck her too. [color:red]The sad part is, so many Americans are so extremely stupid as to ignore their own self interests, and vote for the image of "real American..." and all that crap.[/color] Palin will fuck them just like any other politician, maybe worse...and of course there is also that whole weird christian extremist thing and talking in tongues...

McCain and or his handlers created a monster with this bitch, and sadly she will be taken seriously by people who vote, and that is scary.

You seem to be saying Palin resonates with the people because she is stupid, fucked up and full of shit.

Reagan was a B movie actor and Sarah is a weather girl. Sounds about right.

Haters.

As for Palin, though I strongly disagree with some of her positions, I'll keep defending her from what I perceive as irrational viciousness until I have a reason with substance not to (beyond that Olbermann and crew despise her and she's become a cause celebre for left-wing rants).

Kind of a check and balance on myself. That's my last .02 on this thread.

Let the sharks have their frenzy. Enjoy.

Archived