iphone? Other choices?

expat

What are the best phone choices right now in Thailand given following requirements:

1. Ability to surf the net easily

2. Decent camera phone to take pictures in case of accident

Also, I'll be going back to the States soon--cheaper to buy there or here?

iPhone is hands down the best phone out there, but you will find it cheaper in the US (buy new on eBay or Craigslist). You will not have a good browsing experience in Thailand because the network capacity is not good enough.

Good luck!

Hahaha. Not anymore. Showed my Nexus One off to some of the iPhone fanatics at work. Needless to say it was like watching little kids drool over the newest awesome toy that just came out(as they hide their iPhones)

I have an Iphone and a SamsungOmnia II

both have there pros nd cons

Surfing is good with the Iphone, better zooming and so on, but the Somnia has the advantage of being more open to other Applications ( using WM 6.5)

the camera ia WAY better in the samsung, speed is better in the Iphone,

BATTERYLIFE IS BETTER In the samsung.

All in all the Samsung is a good alternative to the Iphone.

to be honest my primary phone is a Nokia Navigator for being smaller and bheing the better PHONE.

for an ALL in one device i would use the samsung as I have some apps on it that do not work with the iphone, also the lack of flash in webapps is a showstopper for me in the iphone.

if apple would open the iphone to Flash, Firefox and others , the iphone is the best around.

just my 2satang

Archived