Soi 10 Bar Beers

Raven

700 baht barfine!!??

Big time bummer!! mad.gifmad.gif

For that kind of money, I can get me an extra one at Soi 7 Beer Garden. And if 700 is going rate for beer bar BF, I'll be spending more and more of my nookie-search time in Beer Garden!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey now that we're talking even numbered side - don't forget the new soi 22 bar beer area. guess it tries to cater to a bit upmarket crowd, but barfines higher than 700B as mentioned for soi 10 wouldn't really work - or would it?

hell I just love to dig out a stunner in pattay's never ending 200B bar beer areas. well starting perhaps in naklua & ending in jomtien???

Just to add my two cents here. They are now building Bar Beers all over in the back part of Sukhumvit Square as soi 10 is now called, according to the big sign just erected.

However, as usual nothing is as simple as it appears. The eight bar beers under one awning have serious problems. Each of the eight entrpeneurs paid 100,000 Baht and 25,000 Baht per month rent to move in to a ready to operate bar with refrigerators, bar stools, water, TV, music with DJ and the works. All they had to pay for, after the 100,000 Baht was booze, glasses and a bell. However, they have now discovered that they coannot get liquor license becasue there is a problem with the master lease and the work was not permitted. Apparently, this cannot be easily remedied and they may be shut down in the near future which is unfortunate because they were just starting to cook.

However, the other bar beers popping up like mushrooms are starting to go strong and will have no problems with licensing to sell alcohol. However, the entry cost has now risen to 300,000 . The places are selling like hot cakes. It has the feel of a place that is going to get kicking. There is even talk, by somebody who knows what they are doing of a GoGo bar being built.

Wait and see.

"rovineye - 700 baht??!! Are you sure? Or were you drunk? "

Yes and yes. I am 100% sure. Others in the same area may be less. But this is, and has been, the BF at the nearby Sweet Home Bar for a while. I don't take girls from there due to the BF, but I was smitten at the beer bar soi 10, AND it was my last night in BKK.

Yes, if this became common place I would also spend more time at Soi 7 BG.

HMMMM 700 Baht. That brings up a related question.

When the bar fine is so high, do you negotiate a lower price for the companion? In other words, if your budget is 2000 - 2200 for your nightly companion, do you pay 1300 - 1500 when you pay a 700 baht bar fine?

I would think that this would need to be negotiated / understood BEFORE the bar fine was paid, pointing to the lofty bar fine as the reason for your thriftiness.

Soi 10

Isn't there a MP across the street from the internet place close to Suk? Has anyone been in? I stay at centre point down soi 10 alot but I have never gone to any of these places. My next trip I'll check them out! Some of the MP girls looked ok/good wonder the barfine? I barfined several MP girls about 3 month ago 3 for 1500...I wonder!

SkiBum

I have also heard the rumour of a gogo being built there. How true it is I don't know. I have also heard that Hard Rock Cafe are supposed to be opening a branch somewhere in there, but I doubt that very much.

I agree that the place does have a feel of a place that will take off. It seems a better alternative to Asoke Plaza - less dingy and dark - the place appears to be a little more up-market.

I think - but don't quote me on this - the front part of Asoke Plaza will come down, but the rear car park area where Lolitas is will stay as it is.

Maybe more people will start to use Cowboy when the subway opens, but I hope not, because this is my favourite area despite all the wife's spies on the street smile.gif I want to keep the place to myself!!

Archived