Soi 10 Bar Beers

Raven

Raven,

You could use that ploy.

Myself, I pretty much always pay the same. 1500 THB long time. I pay 2000 if I go back for seconds on another night. I have never discussed the amount before hand and none have ever asked what I am going to pay. None have ever complained about the amount. I think that says more about the girls I am attracted to than anything else.

I also will throw in 100 THB for taxi before they ask for something rediculous like 300.

I remember a good laugh I got on one trip. I was at a beer bar and had been talking to this girl for about an hour and bought a few drinks. She knew I had been to BKK numerous times. I asked her if she wanted to go with me and she kind of had me follow her to a corner of the bar. There, she whispered to me like is was a state secret, that if we did that I would have to pay the bar! I feigned shock and then laughed. But she was serious, thinking that I might not know how it works.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I also will throw in 100 THB for taxi before they ask for something rediculous like 300."

Yes, I also always throw in 100 baht for cab fare without being asked. You know what I've noticed? The girl is usually careful not to let me see her get into a cab. She usually makes sure I leave first, or we walk off in different directions. I don't know if I've EVER seen a girl actually take a cab, and I've often wondered if maybe she doesn't just hop on a bus after we've parted, and saved that 100 baht as just a little bit more of her fee. That's perfectly okay with me; the important thing, I feel, is that I have given her the option of returning home in comfort. But it's something I've always wondered about.

Hmmmm. I rarely pay extra for a taxi - only if the lady says she doesn't have small money. And then its whateever i have - usually 40 or 60 baht.

But, most of my evening friends leave the next morning in a taxi, even though I don't pay taxi money. This iinverse connection is odd.

I am another member of the 100 Baht for Taxi Club. I really don't care if she takes a taxi, motorbike, or 747 home. It's just transportation money as far as I am concerned. I used to joke with the ladies that I was giving them 100 baht for services and 1,500 baht for taxi.

Here's one for you guys who barfine frequently (I don't):

Do you ever make an adjustment to your 'going price' based on paying a barfine?

For example, if you are usually the kind of guy who pays 1,500 baht LT, do you give the lady only 1,000 baht for the LT if you have to pay a 500 baht barfine?

I realize that the two are independent in the gogo bars or each other and one goes to the bar, and the other to the ladies.

But, I wonder if you ever make that adjustment.

I don't care what happens on the even side of Sukhumvit as long as they don't put something in the lot that you see when looking down from the Nana Skytrain station (more or less across from Soi 7). I enjoy watching the 30 or so dogs living there fight, screw, and bark at everything!

Archived