Can't Change Thai to English Yahoo Messenger

gawguy

In the internet shop I use Yahoo Messenger comes up in Thai. I don't see a way to change the language in the "Preferences" menu. I know the word for language is "pahsah" and I can read it in Thai.

The English version has "language" in the preference list, but the version in this shop doesn't have an option in any preferences or anywhere else where I can find it.

Is there a global setting? Yahoo mail seems to come up in English.

Gaw Guy

Yes....changing the language for Windows will allow you to type in Yahoo or whatever other window you type in, including the address bar, in whatever language you choose..

Does anyone understand my problem? The menus and user interface with Y Messenger is in Thai. I need to change that if I can. It can be done in the English version of Y Messenger, but there doesn't seem to be the same choice in the Thai version.

My problem is NOT the windows keyboard language.

GG

Yes I understand the problem. My girlfriend had the same problem with her laptop. Although she is Thai, she wanted to have the program in English. But the language can only be switched in the US version. It can not be switched from the international versions. If the computer at the internet cafe has the Thai version installed you could uninstall it and install the US version. That should not inconvenience other customers much as it would then be possible to switch back and forth from US to Thai from the menu.

Did you try using MSN Messenger?

Okay Lads..I get the picture now. I can only change menu language in English version. The recommendation to uninstall Thai and install English version at internet shop isn't practical. You have to be administrator for one thing. And they have programs that restore the drives between users.

I don't like the MSN mssgr option at this point because then I have to have yet another user name, log in, etc...in other words be a member of MSN network. Of course I wouldn't use real name or info, but I have a LOT of privacy concerns. Wouldn't wanna do it.

Thanks for the help. I'll work with the Thai menus when I have to.

Thanks from Gaw Guy

Archived