How often do the bargirls insult you?

Some good points made ZMAN.

I agree that knowing just a few words in Lao goes a long way - but, don't blow it and spew them out when the lady you are sitting with happens to hail from Bangkok. Not a good move.

Also, I have tried to learn a bit of Khmer as many of the Surin, Buriram, and Sisaket girls (it seems like 80% of the bargirls I meet are from these locales) speak Khmer.

Again, it is great to watch their eyes as if they had truly just witnessed a dog talk.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have often considered the different ways it might be fun after aquiring some rudimentary Thai language skills to play stupid and listen in to the dialogue before surprising them.

I think for many of us it is not that difficult to comprehend intention without understanding even beyond the smile. But the last few posts do bring out that once we have aquired some skill in the language we will have to accept that we will have changed the way we percieve LOS and not always for the better.

I feel I've been made fun of fairly often (without having provoked it), and I don't really appreciate it 'cause I don't think it's the appropriate way to treat a customer. My best guess is that it most often stems from immaturity/boredom on their part. My solution is to move to another part of the bar.

I have a hunch it has to do with supply and demand, for example, in high season they may feel they can get away with this and still make good income. BUT! When customer supply drops off, as it's doing these days, the girls get a lot friendlier, in my experience.

But what pisses me off a lot more is seeing customers insult the ladies. I was in a bar just a couple of days ago, and there were 2 Causcasian guys sitting with a Thai bar girl between them, and while I wasn't eavesdropping, they kept repeating one phrase I couldn't help hearing, because of the volume- 'YOU'RE A FUCKING WHORE!' 'YOU'RE A FUCKING WHORE' etc.

It seemed to me that booze was playing a significant role here.

It also really bugs me when I see guys feeling up the lady in a way that she is clearly uncomfortable with, but the guys won't stop. If that's what they're acting like at the bar, how are they going to behave in the room? Do you suppose SHE hasn't thought of that? Do they really think the lady's going to go with them? Stupid, pointless and unnecessary, IMO. Once I had to pay and leave the bar because I saw this going on and on and I was afraid I was going to snap and punch those assholes (Japanese, in this case) in the face as hard as I could.

A last point on abuse: A few days ago I popped into a 'smoking bar' for a Coke. A lady was on my case to 'go upstairs'. I told her 'Maybe tomorrow' (Actually I didn't want her at all). Anyway, she saw me the next day, and said, 'You said you'd go upstairs with me today'. I said, 'No, I said maybe I'd go upstairs with you today. But now I'm tired, and I want to go sleep.' I turned to walk away, and she gave me a kick in the ass. Not a hard one, didn't hurt me, but it was a kick in the ass just the same.

Made me wonder how she'd react if I kicked her in the ass. I have a hunch I'd better not put it to the test, you know? Don't sweat the small stuff.

Regards dick size- I've had quite a few ladies tell me they prefer smaller because they find bigger hurts them. Polite or true, or a bit of both? smile.gif

"I have often considered the different ways it might be fun after aquiring some rudimentary Thai language skills to play stupid and listen in to the dialogue before surprising them. "

I did just that last month when I was in Thailand for 30 days. Apparently I look very Japanese because all the BG tried to speak to me in Japanese. Heck even the Japanese tourist tried to have a conversation with me in Japanese. I barfined many girls when I was there and spent many nights sitting quietly listening to their conversations. Lets just say it was an eye opening experience. I learned that most BGs have real feelings for their ?customers.? Yes, some were real pros working several men at the same time but many were genuine. I eventually hooked up with one of the girls that hung out with our group. She was new and naive. Her ?Pro Sisters? were telling her how to get more money out of the customers and how to string them along. But she just couldn?t do it. She said she couldn?t treat people like that. I was shocked. So I barfined her a night of uneventful sex. I was trying to talk to her but her English was very poor. She said she wanted to tell me so many things but couldn?t because she didn?t know enough English. I told her to tell me in Thai and I will understand. She gave me this funny look and asked me to repeat myself. So I told here again to tell me in Thai. She than asked me if I spoke Thai. This is when I let out my secret. I told her that not only do I speak Thai??that I was a real Thai. Born and raised not to far from her hometown. She spent the next 2 hours crying in my arms. I will never forget that night. After that I could no longer butterfly with a clear conscience so I pretty much stopped going to the bars.

Sorry for the long post?but just wanted to let you guys know that many of the girls have real feelings for some of you guys. So treat them well guys. Not all of these girls are making a killing working. Many (if not most) are barely getting by.

Moo Noi?..(Name given by my girl )

P.S. Talked to my girl last night. She's about to quit working and return home. She said she can no longer work after being with me. So, I've decide to return to Thailand at the end of April to help her move back. It will also give me a chance to see my relatives that I haven't seen in a long time.

'Maybe tomorrow'

My favourite and most used expression! - if they don't accept the "maybe " part I then explain to them it is not yet tommorow ("Phung-ni" sp?)

To my knowledge I have only been insulted by bar girls for no other reason than spurning their advances. The insults are usually from the "stunners" that I have no interest in(I am partial to average looking girls). The insults stem more from hurt feelngs or ego. I have never knowingly been insulted by a girl who I have chosen to spend time with.

I know when the girls are talking bad because I made it a point to learn all of the bad words and phrases before anything else.

Don't worry, I am khiniau,khikiat,khimau and so on .

No insults.

My aswer to them : khun paak wan,dsai dam.

And .... no problems,only laugh.

They don't insult me very often. Then again, I'm not a fat bastard.

There's one girl who works in Silver Dragon who likes to insults me at every opportunity though. She's responsible for the worst service I've ever received in Thailand, so I've never been back to the bar since, much to her chagrin. But I often pass by and she still holds it against me.

Encounters usually begin something like this:

-BUK PII PAWP

-EE PII PAWP (Incidentally, it's a good tip to throw back a suspicously barbed remark that begins 'Buk' with the female equivalent.)

and they have occasionally escalated into full-throated, hearty shouts of "AY Hia" and "Yet mae" thrown across 30 feet of startled bystanders, but I'm sure we both regard it as just a bit of a laugh to break up the monotony of regular social intercourse.

Like you I have fair thai and about 20 words (sentance fragments really) in Lao. What I really need to do

now is pick up some of that Northern Khmer. How did you go about learning it? Any resources on the web?

Archived