How often do the bargirls insult you?

No, I went with the most common way of learning - the long-haired dictionary. I have what I call the Surin Connection in Thermae. 16 girls all from Surin. I have picked up a lot from them, and I ask questions. Still, I don't know nearly as much Khmer as I know Thai and they know this. They converse in Khmer only.

Your best bet would probably be to do a web search of the various formal language training sites. I'm sure they have Khmer instruction available, but I do like my method here.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:red]A last point on abuse: A few days ago I popped into a 'smoking bar' for a Coke. A lady was on my case to 'go upstairs'. I told her 'Maybe tomorrow' (Actually I didn't want her at all). Anyway, she saw me the next day, and said, 'You said you'd go upstairs with me today'. I said, 'No, I said maybe I'd go upstairs with you today. But now I'm tired, and I want to go sleep.' I turned to walk away, and she gave me a kick in the ass. Not a hard one, didn't hurt me, but it was a kick in the ass just the same.

Made me wonder how she'd react if I kicked her in the ass. I have a hunch I'd better not put it to the test, you know? Don't sweat the small stuff.

Regards dick size- I've had quite a few ladies tell me they prefer smaller because they find bigger hurts them. Polite or true, or a bit of both?color=red>

Interesting post Savittre. Undoubtedly, there are idiots on both sides of the equation - bargirls and farangs. And, yes, the booze and drinking environment have a lot to do with it.

As to the kick in the ass...I think this was very rude on her part. Remember, the foot is the lowest part of the body. The part that comes into contact with the dirt and other crap on the ground. Showing the soles of your feet is extremely impolite. Kicking someone in the ass likewise. Still, you see grabass shit like this often in the bars, but I wouldn't do it.

I agree with your comments on dick-size too. I have heard many ladies say they prefer medium rather than tiny or XXL. But, some of these ladies are truly Masters of Psychology and you really never know.

I am khiniau,khikiat,khimau and so on .

stingy,lazy,drunken

khun paak wan,dsai dam.

you(have) sweet mouth,black heart

This is in regards to Ajarnski's 4/4/02 post. Very touching story (I'm a sucker for a touching story).

You're right that there are different types. I've had a few 'heart to heart' conversations with BGs myself about 'the life', etc.

I've had that same talk with girls in 'the life' here in the states also.

Some similarities, some not because of cultural differences.

I hope things work out for the girl you had a heart to heart talk with.

actually they never really insult me, they more kinda joke which is cool and funny.

the "insult" i got often was "you are monkey" (because i have hairy arms which they could see)

• 3 months later...

generally, they tend to insult me when I refuse to pay them :-)

seriously, the "calling me pumpui" rate is about 100% (i'm 180 cm, 100 kg): even my buddies started to call me pumpui after a holyday, a long time ago

also, near 100% is the rate of girls calling me "king kong" (i'm big and hairy)

don't take this as an insult, it's just they don't know what to say, and farangs tend to laugh when they say this, so they go on saying

next time a girl calls you pumpui, just say "me pumpui? naaaaa... you pumpui!" "yes, you pumpui!", and then go on saying "you pumpui!" every time she eats anything, or she asks for food (wich means roughly every 5 minutes)

you just can't imagine how much you make them laugh with such a stupid joke

try!

I'm a big guy, and have had this happen often. However, I have also had Thai's in our BKK office say the same insults! I often thought it was a cultural difference....after all they were just stating the obvious....

>?but just wanted to let you guys know that many of the girls have real feelings for some of you guys. <

the ones with the real feelings usually don't last very long. if they stay on, so often they become very bitter, very damaged personalities, if they don't change.

this scene is not really a place to develop too deep emotional attachments to anyone.

for the girls, IMO, the best policy is to get as much as fast as they can to limit the damage, get out and start afresh. the longer in the scene the more damage, the more difficult to return to any resemblance of normalcy.

Archived